Friday, January 18, 2013
Frugal Floozie Friday - Star's Cafe
Craig and I went out to lunch over the weekend at the lovely Star's Cafe, today's Frugal Floozie Friday feature. We ate very well within our mandatory $5 per person budget, with many fresh, flavorful options to choose from.
I picked from among the vegetarian sandwiches, and selected the one stuffed with grape leaves, hummus, tabbouli, lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles (pictured above). Bright and lemony, it was unique and delicious; and it cost only $4.75 for a foot-long feast.
Craig chose the Shish Kafta sandwich - which also cost $4.75 - filled with ground lamb, onions, parsley, tomatoes, pickles, and hummus. He asked if he could also get a schmear of garlic sauce; any extra sauce costs just 50 cents. We also shared an order of exceptionally crisp, excellent fries for only $1.99.
Most of the sandwiches cost $4.75, soups cost $2.75, and spinach or meat pies are a mere $2.25.
Star's Cafe also offers a variety of hot and cold drinks that all fit nicely within the Frugal Floozie Friday budget - smoothies, fresh juices, teas, and coffees. Traditional Middle Eastern pastries are available for $1 or less; and homemade baked goods are another temptation.
For friendly service, good food, and great value, Star's Cafe is a fabulous choice!
2575 Jackson Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
View Larger Map
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- Detroit Graffiti and Super Bowl Recipes
- National Blueberry Pancake Day
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Samosa House
- Blueberry Oatmeal Bread
- Brown Sugar Apple Pie for Inauguration Day
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Star's Cafe
- The Next Best Thing to a Free Lunch
- Brandied Apple Cranberry Compote
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Dos Hermanos Market
- Bear Claws
- 2013 Food Trends - Throwing My Spoon into the Mixi...
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Krazy Jim's Blimpy Burger
- ▼ January (12)
- ► 2012 (227)
- ► 2011 (259)