Monday, February 25, 2013
Grilled Cheese Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
I hadn't eaten Sloppy Joes for ages, until very recently. Remarkably, there was a bit of the filling left over - how'd that happen? That never happens!
But this time, it did.
Sure, I could've made one more of the same ol' same ol' ... but why? Why not spiff it up a bit, make it extra ooey, gooey, messy, and delicious?
And thus, the Grilled Cheese Sloppy Joe Sandwich!
Grilled Cheese Sloppy Joe Sandwich
2 slices sourdough bread
schmear of brown mustard, to taste
very thin slices of red onion, to taste
2 slices Pepper Jack cheese
2/3 cup leftover Sloppy Joe beef
Schmear butter on outsides of bread; lay butter-side down onto a plate. Schmear insides of bread with mustard, and top with cheese and onion.
Spread beef onto one piece of bread, then carefully top with the other piece to make the sandwich.
Heat a skillet over medium heat and grill the sandwich for several minutes per side until the outside is golden and the cheese has melted.
Makes 1 large sandwich.
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- Arrivederci e Buon Appetito, Pope Benedict
- Grilled Cheese Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
- Frugal Floozie Friday - The Bread Basket Deli
- Strawberries 'n' Cream Hamantaschen
- The 4th Annual Ann Arbor Civic Theatre Chili Cook-...
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Grizzly Peak Brewing Compa...
- Paczki, Polkas, and Pictures
- Berger Cookies
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Quickie Burger Bar and Gri...
- Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cake
- French Apple Tart
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Banfield's Bar & Grill
- ▼ February (12)
- ► 2012 (227)
- ► 2011 (259)