Just saying "Hi" and letting everyone know that I'm a-goin' on vacation -- I've got 2 days off and am headed to Chicago with Tom. Plans to eat, to walk, to see the Art Institute, to eat some more ... and oh, did I mention that I plan to eat a lot??? As Alex Witchel once wrote in Gourmet: "... the only danger I want to confront on vacation is not fitting into my pants when it's over."
Be back here on Monday, maybe, but possibly Tuesday. I've got so many ideas for posts, so many themes and plans and such; I just need the time to put it all together. I've done enough quickie posts lately ... it's time to get back to being verbose and long-winded, and really investing more of myself into my writing.
So look for write-ups about our Train Trip Treats, the Thai dinner Tom has picked for our first night in Chicago, and the mandatory trip to Intelligentsia for coffee. I'm also pondering the prospect of making recipes from some of my quaint and quirky decades-old cookbooks ... a cupcake challenge among bakeries here in Ann Arbor ... prospects for a mushroom recipe contest ... oh, if only I had a benefactor who would support me while I spend my days cooking and baking and writing!
Have a fabulous weekend, and I'll catch up with everyone soon!!!
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2012 (227)
- ► 2011 (259)
- Taste Eat Enjoy
- Nearly Wordless Wednesday -- Scenes of Chicago, Fr...
- Thai for Two and Two for Thai
- Train Trip Treats
- Long Weekend
- Thursday Thirteen -- 13 Food Items That Irk Me
- Oatmeal Raisin ... Nope -- Not Cookies!
- Hail to the Maize 'n' Blue ... Corn with Blue Chee...
- "So Take These Words ...."
- Yam I Am
- My Favorite Chicken Recipe
- Wordless Wednesday -- Homemade Bread with Homemade...
- Super Bowl
- Chocolate 'n' Cherries ... Need I Say More???
- Eight Cubed
- Yoo Hoo -- I've Got Honey Cakes!
- Shanah Tovah! (Happy New Year!)
- Challah-Back Girl
- "The World of Liking"
- A Few Moments of Diversion
- Potluck in the Park
- Wordless Wednesday: Ya Never Know WHAT You'll Find...
- ▼ September (23)