Thursday, February 10, 2011
A Burger, By Any Other Name ....
Jeremy stopped by one night last week, before the impending doom that was supposed to be our 15" snowfall (we got half that, which only closed schools for one day ... pfffft!). I had picked up some groceries for him on my way home from work, to make sure he and his dad had enough to sustain them through the threatened apocalypse, and he stayed long enough to share a quick dinner with me.
And when I say "quick," I really mean it; we were both rushing around from errands and with evening plans to get to. So I whipped out some Morningstar Farms vegetarian burger patties, and used a few convenience items to turn a plain ol' slab of some sort of vegetable protein into a meal that Jeremy raved about ... :)
A whole wheat English muffin, a little lettuce, a bit of shredded cheese, some mashed avocado (I didn't even manage to turn it into guacamole with any seasonings or additions), and some fresh salsa on top ... and there it was -- dinner! This is hardly a novel concept, and it certainly doesn't warrant being called a recipe.
But it does show that even in a kosher kitchen (and a vegetarian one at that) with little time at my disposal, I was able to put together a fast, delicious and nutritious meal. No need whatsoever to stop by and get one of those $5 Little Caesar's pizzas or whiz through a drive-thru window to appease a ravenous 20-year-old male! As long as it's a burger (beef, turkey, or vegetarian) -- and this one was exceptionally good, too! -- it will pass muster and be devoured ....
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (88)
- ► 2012 (229)
- Rigatoni con Gorgonzola
- A Few Moments of Escape
- Snow Day Applesauce Bars
- A Most Decadent Delight
- Cheesy Red 'n' Black Bean Enchiladas
- National Biscuits 'n' Gravy Day
- The Oxymoron of "Healthy Cookie"
- Pita Pita
- Floozin' 'n' Schmoozin' at the Chili Cook-Off
- iCarly's Spaghetti Tacos ... Spaghetti SQUASH Taco...
- Creamy Potato and Gorgonzola Soup
- Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- A Burger, By Any Other Name ....
- Thai with Tom
- Life Is Good, Stylish and Irresistibly Sweet!
- New Year, New Look, New Header!!!
- Worshipping at the Altar of Nutella
- Pepper 'n' Onion Quesadillas
- Who Needs Regis??? I'm Co-Hosting Today!
- Teasing on a Tuesday
- ▼ February (20)