Thursday, February 3, 2011
Pepper 'n' Onion Quesadillas
My friend Wendy came over for dinner the other night -- my first guest in the new apartment!
We were just hangin' around, indulging in BFF time, so we didn't need an elaborate dinner. Quesadillas seemed to be just the right thing -- quick and easy, and not a distraction from our vital conversation about life, men, and the mysteries of each.
I sliced some gorgeous yellow and orange peppers, as well as chopping some green onions, and then sauteed them in a bit of oil with some red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt. All fresh fruits and vegetables are kosher, so there's no need to look for any certifications. (Though Dan, from the highly entertaining The Haggis and The Herring, tells me "that many kosher authorities/caterers etc., won't serve raspberries because they're too difficult to search for bugs." And fyi: bugs aren't kosher.)
Domestic cheeses that are pre-packaged are also acceptable, so I sprinkled some shredded CoJack cheese onto whole wheat tortillas, added the vegetables, sprinkled on a bit more cheese, then folded the tortillas over to fit two into the skillet at the same time.
Cook them over medium-high heat 'til the cheese is melted and the tortillas are golden brown. A little salsa, a little sour cream, a little guacamole and you've got yourself some dinner!
And not only are these ideal for a casual Saturday night supper with a best friend, but they'd also be perfect Super Bowl food, too, cut into smaller portions and served to hungry hordes ....
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (88)
- ► 2012 (229)
- Rigatoni con Gorgonzola
- A Few Moments of Escape
- Snow Day Applesauce Bars
- A Most Decadent Delight
- Cheesy Red 'n' Black Bean Enchiladas
- National Biscuits 'n' Gravy Day
- The Oxymoron of "Healthy Cookie"
- Pita Pita
- Floozin' 'n' Schmoozin' at the Chili Cook-Off
- iCarly's Spaghetti Tacos ... Spaghetti SQUASH Taco...
- Creamy Potato and Gorgonzola Soup
- Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- A Burger, By Any Other Name ....
- Thai with Tom
- Life Is Good, Stylish and Irresistibly Sweet!
- New Year, New Look, New Header!!!
- Worshipping at the Altar of Nutella
- Pepper 'n' Onion Quesadillas
- Who Needs Regis??? I'm Co-Hosting Today!
- Teasing on a Tuesday
- ▼ February (20)