Friday, February 3, 2012
Frugal Floozie Friday - Bill's Drive-In
Bill's Drive-In re-opened on February 1, after a brief fall/winter hiatus. It offers hot dogs, chili dogs and root beer ... a limited menu, but one that is excellent nonetheless. Focus on what you do well, as they say.
I would have featured this bright and friendly place sooner, but Jeremy and I visited just a few days before the season ended last fall. So, better late than not at all, the hot dog stand is today's Frugal Floozie Friday feature!
You may remember that Bill's root beer made my Top 10 list for 2011; Jeremy summed it up this way - "Holy s---! This is, like, the best root beer I've ever had in my life! It's amazing!" And it is very good, with rich flavor and not too much of a head; when you get a mug of root beer at Bill's, you get a full mug. It's worth stopping by just for the soda alone.
But for less than $5 - our mandatory Frugal Floozie Friday budget - you can feed two people ... I'm serious! Jeremy ordered a hot dog schmeared with ketchup and mustard, I ordered a chili dog with onions, we made sure to get our root beer, and the total tab was ... drum roll ... $4.30. Yes, you read that correctly!
We drove up, parked the car, and before I could even reach to open the window there was a very friendly attendant already waiting to take our order. He told us our options, we told him what we wanted, and he ran off. I turned to talk to Jeremy while we waited; he uttered maybe one sentence before telling me "Lunch is here." Our food was brought that quickly.
So now that they've reopened, be sure to eat at Bill's. It's a long-time local favorite, and you'll be getting fast food that's also good food.
1292 E Michigan Ave
Ypsilanti, MI 48198
View Larger Map
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (88)
- "Chopped" Challenge - Red Pepper, Spinach and Feta...
- "Chopped" Challenge - Meatballs in Mole Sauce with...
- "Chopped" Challenge - Triple Treyf Mac 'n' Cheese ...
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Cuppy's Best Soulful Deli
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream Puffs
- Ann Arbor Civic Theatre's Chili Cook-Off
- King Cake Shake
- Mexican Pizza for Justin Verlander's Birthday
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Taqueria La Fiesta
- "Piepalooza" to Benefit Perry Nursery School
- The Best Burger in Metro Detroit
- "Brownie in a Mug" - A Valentine Just for You
- Food and Fun at IKEA
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Haifa Falafel
- National Bagels and Lox Day
- Orange, Date and Almond Salad
- Molly Goldberg's Lemon Meringue Pie
- My "Chopped" Challenge
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Bill's Drive-In
- Poached Eggs with Spinach and Hash Browns
- Wordless Wednesday - A Great Bumper Sticker
- ▼ February (21)
- ► 2011 (259)