Thursday, April 14, 2011
Triple Onion Salsa
I needed a quick dinner the other night between coming home from work and going out for the evening; so I relied upon frozen Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burger patties and glamourized them a bit with toppings.
A quick saute of some simple and inexpensive ingredients, and voila! A nutritious, substantial dinner magically appeared before my hungry eyes. I topped the burger with a homemade salsa, lots of grated cheese (simply because there's no reason to be stingy with cheese!), and some sour cream. Corn chips would have made a perfect side dish if I'd had any ....
Triple Onion Salsa
1 tablespoon oil
1 small red onion, chopped
1 small yellow onion, chopped
3 scallions, chopped
pinch of red pepper flakes
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon taco seasoning
1 cup diced tomatoes with chilis
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add all of the onions, the red pepper flakes and the salt; cook until translucent. Add the chili powder, taco seasoning and tomatoes; cook until liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally. Place on top of vegetarian or meat burgers, chicken, pork ... whatever strikes your fancy!
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2012 (227)
- White Chocolate Cherry Scones
- Share Your Breakfast and Feed a Hungry Child
- Feast + Easter = Feaster!
- Squash from Squares
- Elvis Doughnut Sandwiches
- Savory Salmon Pancakes
- Vegetable Cheese Mina
- Custard with Strawberry Sauce and Macaroons
- Chocolate Caramel Matzah
- The 5th Question
- Lenten Friday: A Simple Salmon Salad
- Triple Onion Salsa
- Chorizo and Couscous Stuffed Peppers
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Wine Tasting for Dum...
- Yam 'n' Cheese Sandwich
- Lenten Friday: Vegetarian Sloppy Joes
- Taste Memory
- Salsa Fried Rice
- Corned Beef, Piled High
- Peeping Into the Art Exhibit
- Lenten Friday: Asparagus Bread Pudding with Mushro...
- ▼ April (21)