I was absolutely tickled to receive the Versatile Blogger Award from the self-monikered Volleysoft at I'm Sew Cheap!!! What a lovely surprise ... :)
The rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are as follows:
Leave a comment to thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
Did that already, but once again MANY THANKS for the ego boost!
Tell us seven things about yourself.
Award fifteen recently discovered new bloggers.
Having just moved, I'm continuing to settle in and am a tad short of time. So I'm going to still bare my soul (if not other parts of me!) and I'll award some worthy candidates, but only 5 of each to make things a bit easier all around, okay?
Here's some tidbits about lil' ol' me:
1. I love doughnuts. And now that I have the freedom to eat what I want to when I want to, I've developed a rather bad habit of making a couple of cheap (I tell myself I can only buy them if they're on sale!) doughnuts a very satisfying -- albeit very bad for me -- midnight snack before going to bed. I need to simply stop buying them; it's easier to resist them at the store than it is to shut out their Siren song late at night, when my defenses are least able to ignore it.
2. I am so happy in the new apartment and love its location near some very cool, funky shops and cafes! I live very close to Depot Town, part of Ypsilanti's Historic District ([ip-sih-LAN-tee], just down the road from Ann Arbor), which has tremendous charm and character; it hasn't been yuppy-fied with hair salons and phone stores and chain restaurants as Ann Arbor sadly has.
3. I'm looking so forward to shopping at the Ypsi Farmers' Market ([IP-see] -- short for Ypsilanti) each Saturday this summer -- it's only a half-mile's walk away ... :)
4. I am sorely peeved at the New York Times' new policy of limiting non-subscribers (a.k.a.: cheap folks like me) to only 20 online articles per month; I think I used up my quota in the first week of April! (Yes, they have bills to pay ... so do I, which is why I don't subscribe anymore. Information should be free to all.) Anyway, it's a new month, so I've got a new start. I'm trying to save myself for the Wednesday food articles ... we'll see how long I last!
5. I finally -- finally! -- saw "The King's Speech" the other night, and adored it; I think I was the last person in the Western Hemisphere to see it. And to think, I'm a Royal Family addict!!! But I'm also too cheap to pay $10 for a movie, so I had to wait for Netflix; thank you Jeremy for ordering it for me.
And now for the bloggers you should go visit:
1. Go Ahead ... Take a Bite!
2. TexaGermaNadian: My Life in 3 Countries
3. Gluten Free A-Z Blog
4. La Fotografía Efectista Abstracta
5. Sweet As Sugar Cookies
Have a fabulous weekend!!! I'll have a new feature starting next week: Frugal Floozie Friday. Stay tuned ... :)
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (88)
- ► 2012 (229)
- It's Not Green Eggs and Ham, It's Green Sausage!
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Marcano's Take-Out
- Berries with Sweetened Sour Cream
- Curried Rhubarb Chicken
- Teaser Tuesdays: I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti...
- Vietnamese Caramelized Pork with Shredded Cabbage
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Good Girls Go To Paris
- Spinach Feta Pizza
- National Cheese Souffle Day
- Edible Avalon
- Jeremy's Favorite Scrambled Eggs
- Versatile Blogging
- I Gar-on-TEE, You'll Love This Cajun Sausage Dish!...
- Mushroom Spinach Pita Sandwiches
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Muffins
- Welcome Home!!!
- Big News!!!
- Kinda Like Old Times
- Plum Jam
- ▼ May (20)