Friday, December 16, 2011
Frugal Floozie Friday -- Ahmo's Gyros and Deli
On a recent Friday evening, I was left to amuse myself when the friend I'd had plans with went out of town unexpectedly on a business trip. Normally I'd have just prepared something simple, or perhaps eaten some leftovers. But on this particular night, I decided to pick up a take-out order to make things easy.
So I took myself to Ahmo's on Stone School Road - our Frugal Floozie Friday feature this week. This is one of three locations around town, each offering the same great food and friendly service any time I stop by.
Having indulged in a lot of things with - shall we say? - less than redeeming nutritional value around that time, I was craving something with vegetables. So I was very happy to find that there were numerous healthy menu options within our mandatory Frugal Floozie Friday budget of $5 per person.
I ordered the Greek Pita for $4.49, and it was prepared almost immediately despite there being several customers ahead of me; this could definitely have qualified as "fast food."
As you can see from the picture, the sandwich's filling was so generous that it could hardly be contained once I unwrapped it from the tight foil swaddling I'd brought it home in. The vegetables were fresh and crisp, flavorful, and perfectly dressed without being soggy and soaking through the bread.
Each of the six vegetable pitas costs less than $5, and there are also soups, appetizers, side orders, desserts and half portions of salads for anywhere from $1.50 to $4.99. You can even go to Ahmo's for breakfast options that meet our rigorous budgetary standards.
How great to find Frugal Floozie Friday options on the menu all day long!
4001 Stone School Rd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
View Larger Map
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2012 (227)
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Arbor Farms Market
- Top 10 of '11
- Fruit and Cheese Tidbits
- Burek (Spiced Beef Egg Rolls)
- Red Chorizo Chili and an Invitation
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Maize and Blue Deli
- Doughnut Delights
- Provolone Fritto con Marinara (Fried Provolone)
- Reuben Latkes for the First Night of Chanukkah
- Christmas Eve Pork Pie
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Ahmo's Gyros and Deli
- Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Scones
- The DAMES Dinner
- National Cocoa Day
- "Ann Arbor Tailgates" - Cookbook for a Cause
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Achatz Handmade Pie Compa...
- Cookie Week: Butterscotch Pretzel Brownies
- Cookie Week: Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cookie Week: Toasted Coconut Haystacks
- Cookie Week: Stoplight Cookies
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- The Bomber
- Boursin Pasta with Spinach
- ▼ December (22)