Thursday, May 3, 2012
Double BBQ Chicken
This is a ridiculously easy but unbelievably great dish!
I was very happy to have been sent a generous box of goodies to play with, a lovely marketing gift from the Bender Hammerling Group which handles public relations and marketing for several food producers. This assortment included several bags of Hawaiian Kettle Style Potato Chips.
The Luau BBQ chips just naturally lent themselves - to my mind, anyway - to a chicken dish. I have a new-to-me grill that I don't know how to use yet; so it seemed to me that I could still get great barbecue flavor if I used some sauce and the crispy, crunchy treats.
So here is just about the easiest recipe I'll ever offer, involving only 3 ingredients! Schmear some sauce onto chicken, then roll it in crushed potato chips. Kid-friendly ... aw, who am I kidding? It was a huge hit with all the adults, too - one of them told me, "This is the best chicken ever!" Great for a picnic, perfect for a weeknight dinner, ideal any time ....
Double BBQ Chicken
1 cup honey barbecue sauce
6 ounces Hawaiian Kettle Style Potato Chips, Luau BBQ flavor
6 chicken thighs
Preheat oven to 400F.
Place the barbecue sauce into a medium bowl. Crush the potato chips into crumbs and place into a medium bowl.
One by one, take each piece of chicken and dip it into the barbecue sauce to coat well; dip into the potato chip crumbs to coat thoroughly, then place the chicken into a baking dish. Bake for 40 minutes until the chicken is crisp and the juices run clear. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
This would be great served with Cabbage and Fennel Slaw!
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2013 (89)
- The Tale of the Failed Macaroons
- Remembering Julia Child with the Culinary Historia...
- "The Kosher King of Ann Arbor"
- Orange Pomegranate Iced Tea
- Frugal Floozie Friday: Revive
- Victoria Sponge Cake
- Raja Rani for Mother's Day
- National Vanilla Pudding Day
- Pan-Fried Spaghetti with Olives, Tomatoes, and Swi...
- Frugal Floozie Friday: Iorio's Gelateria
- The Glass Pavilion at The Toledo Museum of Art
- Man v. Food Happy Birthday Nachos
- Chocolate Chip Macaroon Muffins
- National Buttermilk Biscuit Day
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Banfield's Westside Grill
- Pasta ca Sucu Fintu (Pasta with Fake Meat Sauce)
- Beard Awards Blathering
- Pomegranate-Glazed Sweet Potato Spears
- Almondina Crunch Coffee Cake
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Afternoon Delight Cafe
- Double BBQ Chicken
- Kale with Pistachios
- Provencal Peppers
- ▼ May (23)
- ► 2011 (259)