I hate to do it ... really, truly, I've been debating it for weeks. I've gone over the permutations, the ramifications; I've discussed it with loved ones, spent hours distracted by trying to figure out a better way. But the reality is that there's a lot of mishigas ([mish-ih-GAHS] = Yiddish for "craziness") in my personal life right now, with family medical issues and too many deadlines and stresses looming over me. My brain spins with trying to keep track of dates, posts, photo ops, errands, meds, and I don't even know what else. But I do not - repeat, do NOT - want to give up the blog or, far worse, lose touch with all my friends and extended family here in cyberspace.
But I do need to cut back, and so I'm only going to be posting on Mondays and Fridays for awhile. I'm hoping things will calm down, once some obligations are met and events are attended and celebrated. I'm hoping even more that the health concerns sort themselves out and there is a return to normal ... whatever that might be. "Normal" isn't a state I'm particularly familiar with!
I'll still be posting on AnnArbor.com on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so come find me there on the Food & Drink page, where there will usually be recipes (unless I get dibs on a really great interview, or some other amusement). That frees me up to blather about whatever strikes my fancy here: recipes, cookbooks, experiments, holidays, events, ingredients, photos, and even appalling items I find in the grocery store (consider yourselves warned - a rant is brewing!). That's part of the fun of the blog, vs. my other writing assignments: it's mine, all mine, and there are no constraints or expectations. And I also get to meet the nicest people here ... :)
So I will do my very best to keep up with everyone, and will come back to more regular posting as soon as my schedule permits it ....
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Old Town Tavern
- National Cake Day + A Whole Foods Giveaway
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Zamaan Cafe
- Max Sussman and Eli Sussman Coming to Williams-Son...
- Sweet Potatoes Baked with Rosemary and Salt
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Cafe Habana and Lena
- Wordless (sorta) Wednesday: Baklava
- The Turducken Has Landed!
- Frugal Floozie Friday at Chef Restaurant Mediterra...
- Scaling Back a Bit More
- Pasta con Peperoni e Pomodori
- Chili 'n' Cornmeal-Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes
- Frugal Floozie Friday - The Brown Jug
- The American Lighthouse Cookbook
- ▼ November (14)
- ► 2011 (259)