Today is National Peaches 'n' Cream Day. What a fabulous thing to celebrate!
There are a lot of culinary matches that were made in heaven -- peanut butter and jelly, spaghetti and meatballs, chocolate chip cookies and milk -- and the pairing of lusciously ripe peaches with rich cream ranks right near the top of the list.
But I didn't want to just offer a recipe for sliced peaches with whipped cream, or tell you to simply buy a container of peach ice cream -- those would have been boring.
At the same time, I also didn't want to give you recipes for cake layers, whipped cream frosting, and all sorts of complicated and labor-intensive efforts that would detract from the simple beauty that is peaches 'n' cream.
And so, I offer something ridiculously simple and yet still seductive: a store-bought prepared peach daiquiri paired with vanilla ice cream to make a rich dessert-like drink ... peaches 'n' cream with a kick!
Peaches 'n' Cream Daiquiri
2 cups vanilla ice cream
2 cups Daily's prepared peach daiquiri, at room temperature (available near the freezer section); substitute milk, if desired
1 cup peach sorbet
peach slices for garnish, optional
Place ice cream, prepared daiquiri (or milk), and sorbet in a blender and whir until smooth and frothy. Garnish with peach slices, if desired, and serve immediately.
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (89)
- ► 2012 (229)
- Baked Tilapia with Smoked Salmon Spread
- A Simple Chopped Salad
- Vanilla Cakes with Caramelized Bananas
- "Never Out of Mustard"
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Schakolad Chocolate Facto...
- National Pecan Sandies Day
- Garlic Scape Season Has Arrived!
- National Peaches 'n' Cream Day
- Sausage Meatball and Roasted Pepper Stew
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Ypsilanti Food Co-Op
- Banbury Cakes for Bloomsday
- Roasted Tomatoes with Blue Cheese
- National Strawberry Shortcake Day
- High Blood Pressure? Me?!?!?
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Zingerman's Roadhouse
- Tomato Salad with Pepperoni and Sweet Pepper
- A New Award and a Newfangled Chicken Salad
- "Fried" Ice Cream Torah Scrolls
- Lemon-Glazed Blueberry Scones
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- B-24's Espresso Bar
- Berries in Cranberry-Wine Gelatin
- Pasta "Rags" with Fennel, Mushrooms and Spinach
- ▼ June (22)