Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Cookie Week: Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
I adore orange marmalade! The sweet-tart combination, the texture, the gorgeous color ... I love all of it.
I have two favorite ways to eat marmalade:
1) With peanut butter in a PB&J, which my friend Susie recently served to me in charming finger sandwiches at afternoon tea without even knowing how much I love this combination!
2) In these cookies, where the flavors of the orange and the chocolate chips marry to form a perfect union.
With only a few basic ingredients, these cookies can be mixed, baked, and ready to give or serve with virtually no notice. But they're so delicious and fragrant, with their amazing citrus aroma, that they seem very sophisticated even though they're so simple.
Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
6 tablespoons orange marmalade
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1-1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a baking sheet
In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar and egg; stir in marmalade, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the flour and the chocolate chips.
Drop batter by measuring tablespoons onto the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden on the edges. Remove to a rack and cool completely.
Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Makes 48 cookies.
Don't forget these oldies but goodies - they're fabulous!
Ginger Shortbread Cookies
Holiday M&M Cookies
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (89)
- ► 2012 (229)
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Arbor Farms Market
- Top 10 of '11
- Fruit and Cheese Tidbits
- Burek (Spiced Beef Egg Rolls)
- Red Chorizo Chili and an Invitation
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Maize and Blue Deli
- Doughnut Delights
- Provolone Fritto con Marinara (Fried Provolone)
- Reuben Latkes for the First Night of Chanukkah
- Christmas Eve Pork Pie
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Ahmo's Gyros and Deli
- Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Scones
- The DAMES Dinner
- National Cocoa Day
- "Ann Arbor Tailgates" - Cookbook for a Cause
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Achatz Handmade Pie Compa...
- Cookie Week: Butterscotch Pretzel Brownies
- Cookie Week: Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cookie Week: Toasted Coconut Haystacks
- Cookie Week: Stoplight Cookies
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- The Bomber
- Boursin Pasta with Spinach
- ▼ December (22)