My BFF Wendy and I ate a great dinner recently, at a place that she's been to numerous times but I hadn't been to in ages. Today's Frugal Floozie Friday feature is the Tower Inn Cafe, an Ypsilanti institution.
There is an extensive menu of appetizers, pizzas, pastas, sandwiches, salads and burgers ... needless to say, it took a bit of time to decide among all the fabulous options. Each of us ordered something that could be readily split and shared, and which could come in at $5 or less per person to meet our mandatory budget.
The Parthenon-Greco pizza featured garlic, herbs, gyro meat, yellow peppers, feta cheese and Kalamata olives ... sigh. The small pizza cost $10.99; it's 10" in diameter, so the servings are very generous even if shared with three others to bring it within our Frugal Floozie Friday budget. It was rich, salta, zesty, and exceptionally good.
The Spinach Pie Bourekitos, for $7.99, were flaky and delicate; they also came with a lovely rice side dish featuring spinach and herbs for flavor.
And then there was dessert:
For $3.99, Wendy chose the Snickers cheesecake and I was fortunate enough to snag the very last piece of the Oreo variety. Rich, creamy, and utterly decadent, these were so incredibly good, and a perfect way to end our meal.
The Cafe has a wide range of options for Frugal Floozie Friday or for any time. As the owner, Rois Savvides, writes in a note on the menu: "Our food is made with tons of love and we are trying to win your hearts as well, every day."
Tower Inn has, indeed, won Wendy's and my hearts.
Tower Inn Cafe
701 W Cross St
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
View Larger Map
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (88)
- Strawberry Jam Muffins
- The Lunch Room's Pie Party
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Conor O'Neill's Traditiona...
- Orange-Glazed Pumpkin Loaf Cake
- Neeps 'n' Tatties with Drambuie Sauce for Robbie B...
- Peanut Butter Pudding for National Peanut Butter D...
- Scallion Pancakes for the Year of the Dragon
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Tower Inn Cafe
- Peach Pudding Cake with Brown Sugar Sauce
- Wordless Wednesday: The Lord of the Ring, Guarding...
- Buffalo Celery Sticks
- Reaching ....
- Frugal Floozie Friday - The Heidelberg
- Mozzarella-Stuffed Turkey Meatballs
- Wordless Wednesday: Anatomically Correct Carrots
- National Voodoo Day
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Ron's Roadside BBQ
- Corn Chip-Crusted Fish Sandwich with Creamy Cole S...
- Wordless Wednesday: Is There Really Any Doubt Who ...
- The Sugar Bowl
- Word of the Year: Reach
- ▼ January (22)
- ► 2011 (258)