Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Peanut Butter Pudding for National Peanut Butter Day
It's National Peanut Butter Day, which is different than National Peanut Butter Lovers' Day and National Peanut Butter Cookie Day. Don't worry - there's enough love for peanut butter to cover every one of these celebrations!
Today I'm offering a luscious, creamy pudding to show case the fabulous flavor of the star ingredient. And who could go wrong by adding a bit of chocolate as a garnish? Especially when the chocolate comes in the form of Reese's peanut butter cups!
Whether you enjoy this rich dessert, an Elvis peanut butter and banana sandwich, some Asian noodles in peanut sauce, or some other dish, just be sure not to miss the party today!
Here are some other recipes for your festivities:
Peanut Butter Milkshakes
Peanut Butter Pancakes
Peanut Butter No-Bake Treats
Peanut Butter Pie
Peanut Butter Pudding
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup brown sugar
pinch of kosher salt
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup half-and-half
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup peanut butter
2 Reese's peanut butter cups, halved
In a 1-quart saucepan, combine cornstarch, brown sugar, salt and water; cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until it becomes translucent and gelatinous. Lower heat to medium. Slowly whisk in the half-and-half. Stir in egg and vanilla and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.
Divide the pudding among 4 small dessert cups, then cover with plastic wrap. Let cool completely in the refrigerator.
To serve, top with whipped cream and garnish each with half of a peanut butter cup.
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (89)
- Strawberry Jam Muffins
- The Lunch Room's Pie Party
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Conor O'Neill's Traditiona...
- Orange-Glazed Pumpkin Loaf Cake
- Neeps 'n' Tatties with Drambuie Sauce for Robbie B...
- Peanut Butter Pudding for National Peanut Butter D...
- Scallion Pancakes for the Year of the Dragon
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Tower Inn Cafe
- Peach Pudding Cake with Brown Sugar Sauce
- Wordless Wednesday: The Lord of the Ring, Guarding...
- Buffalo Celery Sticks
- Reaching ....
- Frugal Floozie Friday - The Heidelberg
- Mozzarella-Stuffed Turkey Meatballs
- Wordless Wednesday: Anatomically Correct Carrots
- National Voodoo Day
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Ron's Roadside BBQ
- Corn Chip-Crusted Fish Sandwich with Creamy Cole S...
- Wordless Wednesday: Is There Really Any Doubt Who ...
- The Sugar Bowl
- Word of the Year: Reach
- ▼ January (22)
- ► 2011 (259)