Friday, October 26, 2012
Frugal Floozie Friday at Seva
I had read that Seva [say-VAH] - the long-time Ann Arbor vegetarian institution - had a "Happy Hour" menu with remarkable prices: $1, $2, or $3 for tasting-sized dishes. Well, how could a frugal eater resist?
Craig and I headed there one evening, to sample an inexpensive assortment of foods. So we tried a little bit within each price range.
From the $2 menu, we decided to go for the classic chips 'n' salsa; they were brought later than the rest of the food, by which time I completely forgot to give them their photo op while I grazed and chatted. The chips were thick and crisp, and I liked them best when dunking them into the sauce that had been provided with the Gouda Tots.
There are also daily drink specials, to complement the food, which could qualify for our mandatory $5 per person Frugal Floozie Friday budget: Tuesdays offer half-price wine, Wednesdays bring half-price draft beers, and on Thursdays and Fridays you can get $1 off all cocktails.
Small bites for a small price, available during Seva's happy hour every Monday through Friday!
314 E. Liberty
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Happy Hour: Monday through Friday, 4 - 6 p.m.
View Larger Map
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (89)
- Tricky Turkish Taffy Treats
- Sausage-Apple-Yam Shepherd's Pie
- Frugal Floozie Friday at Seva
- Cheese Frenchees - Guest Post by Jenn!
- Vernors Cupcakes for the Detroit Tigers
- Deconstructed Un-Stuffed Shells
- Frugal Floozie Friday at Angelo's
- Whole Grain Pancakes with Spiced Apple Syrup
- Wordless Wednesday - Schmear
- Kasha Varnishkes Soup for National Mushroom Day
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Gourmet Garden
- Sweet Corn with Cumin, Curry Leaves, and Chilis
- Chicken Curry with Tomato and Coconut Milk
- My Yiddische Nachos (for Daniel Saraga)
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Beezy's Cafe
- Samoa Ice Cream Sauce
- Wordless Wednesday - Good Morning!
- Applesauce Pie
- ▼ October (18)
- ► 2011 (259)