Friday, May 10, 2013
Frugal Floozie Friday - Jefferson Market and Cakery
Craig has a sweet tooth. His makes my own infamous one hang its head in shame.
So it didn't take a lot of work to persuade Craig to join me at Jefferson Market and Cakery one afternoon for coffee and treats. Not a full meal, admittedly; but then, one doesn't always require a full meal. Sometimes one just requires a bit of comfort and a little something delicious. These desserts were perfect.
For less than $5 per person - our mandatory Frugal Floozie Friday budget - I was able to enjoy the gorgeous Red Velvet cupcake pictured above plus a cup of coffee: $1.75 for the former, $2 for the latter (a small one). Rich frosting, tender cake ... a lovely snack.
Craig chose the beautiful Berry Bar for $3.50 - a crisp crust, a thin layer of custard, ripe fruits, and a crumbly topping. A bit sweet, a bit tart, and entirely wonderful!
Coffees and chai range in price from $2-2.75. Now that Spring is here and cool drinks are desired, both lemonade and iced tea cost only $2.
You can also buy sandwiches, ranging in price from $6.99-7.99; they're served with house-made chips. One of these could be split, making sure to save room for one of the amazing pastries, and you could still come in under our mandatory budget.
Jefferson Market is a bright, friendly place that offers free wi-fi and a warm welcome to loiter while talking or working. And it's such fun to peer behind the back counter to watch the artists at the Cakery creating unique masterpieces for special events; they make such gorgeous celebration cakes!
Jefferson Market. As its own website says, "Cafe, Cakes ... Bliss!"
Jefferson Market and Cakery
609 West Jefferson
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Tuesday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
View Larger Map
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2014 (18)
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Uptown Coney Island
- Wordless Wednesday - Thrift Shop Find
- Memorial Day Dishes
- Frugal Floozie Friday - NeoPapalis
- Goin' to "Jail" and Need to Make Bail!
- Banana Cheesecake Egg Rolls
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Cardamom
- Memphis in May Tribute - Good Luck to "Too Sauced ...
- Penne and Peas in Swiss-Almond Cream Sauce
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Jefferson Market and Caker...
- An Adorable Little Teapot
- Chocolate Chip Pancake Cookies
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Gabriel's Cheesesteak Hoag...
- Musings on My Week as a Vegetarian
- ▼ May (14)
- ► 2012 (229)
- ► 2011 (258)