Monday, May 27, 2013
Memorial Day Dishes
It's Memorial Day - a day to remember those who've served our country and sacrificed their lives for it ... for us.
Many people will be marching in parades or planting flags or somehow commemorating the occasion, and they'll get hungry. So here are some recipes for you, or for those who are relishing the day off - and their freedom - at barbecues or picnics.
These dishes, from the sweet to the savory, will do honor to your festivities, whatever they may be.
Red, White, and Blueberry Sangria
Berries with Sweetened Sour Cream
Blueberry Bread Pudding
Grilled Chicken with Spiced Blueberry BBQ Sauce
Blueberry Streusel Cake
Pomegranate-Marinated Chicken with Honey-Grilled Pineapple
Bacon Cheese Mix-In Burgers
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2014 (18)
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Uptown Coney Island
- Wordless Wednesday - Thrift Shop Find
- Memorial Day Dishes
- Frugal Floozie Friday - NeoPapalis
- Goin' to "Jail" and Need to Make Bail!
- Banana Cheesecake Egg Rolls
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Cardamom
- Memphis in May Tribute - Good Luck to "Too Sauced ...
- Penne and Peas in Swiss-Almond Cream Sauce
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Jefferson Market and Caker...
- An Adorable Little Teapot
- Chocolate Chip Pancake Cookies
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Gabriel's Cheesesteak Hoag...
- Musings on My Week as a Vegetarian
- ▼ May (14)
- ► 2012 (229)
- ► 2011 (258)