Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blogging with Style


Well, it's been awhile since I've won any prizes -- culinary, blogging or otherwise. So it was quite the thrill the other day to get a message from the ever-amazing baking whiz Kristin, of Kuppy Kakes by Kristin, telling me that she'd given me the Stylish Blogger Award!!!

Of course, we all know these come with "fine print," so to speak. And here 'tis:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.

Happy to shower MUCH gratitude upon Kristin for her tireless encouragement!

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

Oy ... I'm not that interesting! But rules are rules, I suppose. Hey -- here's a novel concept: I'll even mix it up and specifically not mention anything food-related today!

- I love old pop songs from the 70s, like Grand Funk Railroad's "The Loco-Motion," the Bee Gees' "Nights on Broadway," and Tom Jones' "It's Not Unusual." And Rick Dees' "Disco Duck" is just so bizarre that it has its own special category in the world of cheesiness!!!



- I've taken to wearing red lipstick in recent weeks. As much as I adore pink in virtually every facet of my life, I'm thinking that red -- the color of joy in Asia -- is a good one to wear for the new year.

- I was once told that I'm a "gregarious introvert." That would be very astutely true. I can schmooze with anyone and usually will! I'm the chatty one at work, the one people come down the hall to visit and kibitz with. And while I love interacting with people and give lots of hugs and affection, I'm really at my most comfortable in private with my own thoughts.


- I love to window shop. I can meander past windows, ooh and ahh over what's in them, and even stroll through a store picking things up and petting them and admiring them, and not spend one penny. I just like to see what's out there, but I don't necessarily need to acquire any of it.

- I need a new profile picture for the blog and for Facebook. I love the one with the pink heart-shaped sunglasses -- Jeremy took a great shot! But it's from summer ... time to update for winter.

- At Christmas, Jeremy gave me a great big fluffy throw pillow that I love! It's like a stuffed animal -- warm, cuddly. And it's pink!!!

- One of my friends from work gave me a sticker sheet today with numbers and their Hebrew names, for me to practice, 'cause I was a good girl ... :)

3. Pass this award on to 15 other bloggers.

Decisions are my downfall -- any regular readers know this to be true! Therefore, I am going to be extra generous and award this to everyone who reads today's post -- yay!!! (Rules apparently aren't really rules, 'cause I'm not capable of picking and choosing "winners" and thus following this one.) Anyone who meanders here and spends some time with me as I blather deserves a prize ... :)

4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

Consider yourselves notified and applauded and celebrated!!!

5 comments:

Team Chastain said...

I love where you talked about being a "gregarious introvert." That's me to a "T" -- No one believes me when I tell them I'm shy, but I really am! LOL
Anyway...stay warm! *hugs*

Unknown said...

Oh my, I remember Disco Duck! That dance was all the craze in the 70's. :) I'll miss the heart sunglasses if you change, but I've been thinking about putting a more season appropriate picture on my blog to. Congrats on your award.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the award Mary! You deserve the recognition! I too love old 70's pop/disco. I've loved Tom Jone's It's not Unusual ever since I can remember!!

Cranberry Morning said...

Congratulations, Mary! A gregarious introvert. What an interesting description. I bet that fits a lot of us! I bet the red lipstick look great on you. It's so cheering to wear red, isn't it. (and helpful in these winter months!)

Unknown said...

Awesome.

Two important points about disco duck:

1. Apparently today is national rubber ducky day (making the song extra appropriate for today)

2. Disco duck was my favourite song when I was 5. My parents had it on a vinyl K-Tel record.


Ghosts of Postings Past and Present

Looking for Something ...?