Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pork in Creamy Mustard Sauce

One of Jeremy's favorite meals is not only Atkins-friendly, but it's one of the easiest dinners possible; it also requires only a few ingredients, including the givens of salt and pepper. How great is that for a busy weekend or a weeknight when you're tired after work???

I usually make this with pork chops, but happened to have some ribs on hand so I substituted. Jeremy didn't seem to care, and was just giddy at having eaten "real food" 3 nights in a row (chicken, turkey burgers, and now this). My baby needs me ... :)

It's not too spicy, but has some "oomph" to it. And the sauce could easily be served over chicken, too, I think. I'm not sure what else to say ... this is just good, simple, comfort food ....

Pork in Creamy Mustard Sauce

1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon butter
2-1/2 pounds country-style pork ribs
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup half-and-half
1/4 cup Dijon mustard

Heat oil and butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Cut the ribs in half, then season with salt and pepper; add to the skillet and cook until browned on each side and firm to the touch, about 15 minutes. Combine sour cream, half-and-half and mustard; pour over ribs and cook for 5 minutes until sauce thickens a bit.

Serves 4.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea, you could pour that sauce on just about anything... YUM! I can see why Jeremy was giddy with excitement....I could go for a big plate of that right now! Suddenly toast with jam on it sounds so lame!! :)

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Oh boy that would be GOOD!! My hubby & sister are mustard fanatics and would go crazy for this one :)

Candace said...

Mary, you are making Atkins look better and better, girl! I'm thinking that sauce might be good over some poached eggs too. Thank you for sharing these wonderful recipes! Hope you are feeling better today, Candace

Cranberry Morning said...

When I compare Atkins with the Mayo Clinic ciet, there's a lot to like about Atkins. But that's another story. This looks really tasty. A friend made a creamy Dijon chicken for us the other night with a very similar recipe. Delicious! This looks every bit as good.

Your baby needs you. LOL

Miriam said...

The mustard sauce sounds great! No offense, I'm not a meat person (but you knew that about me already :D). Have a beautiful weekend!! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Katie said...

Mmm...that looks like comfort food at its finest. Perfect for the cold months!

Rachel (Diary of a Recovering Chocoholic) said...

I would love the lemon cake recipe! And thanks for stopping by the new blog- I can't wait for it to grow!


Ghosts of Postings Past and Present

Looking for Something ...?