I've never witnessed a tsunami or faced the kind of devastation going on in Japan right now; but life as I've known it has been upended too quickly too many times for me not to have significant empathy. You wake up one morning and start going about your daily routine, and the next moment you're in an alternate universe trying to find your way back to an existence that has disappeared entirely and forever without your cooperation or permission. The trauma that the survivors have suffered is incomprehensible and heartwrenching.
So I'm clearly not participating in a Day of Silence. But I will forego blathering about food today out of respect for those who lost their lives both literally and figuratively when the earthquake struck and unleashed so much more horror.
For Japan, with love and prayers ....
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2012 (227)
- Opening Day!!!
- Grapefruit Vinaigrette
- Invitation to an Art Exhibit
- An Auction Gift Basket
- Lenten Friday: 3-Ingredient Tomato Salsa Soup
- Fully Loaded Vegetarian Pizza
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp for Springtime
- The Hamantaschen Saga
- My Purim Shpiel
- For Japan, with Love
- Irish Soda Bread
- Modernist Cuisine
- An Excellent Lunch After a Trip Through Hell
- Pi and Potato Chip Day
- Lenten Friday: Chili for a Chilly Day
- No Cake at a Wedding??? Say It Ain't So!!!
- Moonwinks Cafe
- Pączki Day
- Be @ Home
- The Birthday Blog
- Quick Curried Chicken with Spinach
- The DIPE Dilemma
- National Peanut Butter Lovers' Day
- ▼ March (23)