Thursday, April 12, 2012
Dijon Devilled Eggs + Giveaway Winner
Okay, first things first: Mazal Tov to Candace, of Mi Chiamo Candace - she's the grand winner of the Whole Foods mango giveaway ... yay!!! (Do your best Kermit the Frog arm wave while you say that!) I'd have sent mangoes to everyone, if I could have! I'm hoping to do another giveaway of treats (cookies - another yay!) in the next few weeks, so stay tuned for that one.
Next item on the list: Unfortunately, there was a delay in getting my Once Upon a Loaf guest post going on Monday ... computers, meh! Whaddya gonna do with 'em??? Necessary evils. So, go on over today and read all about my adventure in making matzah for the first time - it was so much fun!
Now, on to today's entertainment ....
At one of the Seders I attended at Passover, the topic of devilled eggs came up.
Everyone has a favorite recipe; some add chopped ham or salami, some add hot sauce, some add horseradish, some add dill. There is no wrong way to make these simple but delicious treats! And since I always like to tinker with things, I make the base with mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and dill, but often add other items according to my whims.
These are one of Jeremy's favorite foods, so I usually make them for holidays. They were ideal for both Passover and Easter, but can be served at picnics and barbecues and "just 'cause."
Dijon Devilled Eggs
6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, halved lengthwise
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
Carefully pop the yolks out of the eggs and place them into a small mixing bowl. Place the whites onto a serving plate.
To the egg yolks, add the mayonnaise, mustard, dill, salt, pepper and horseradish; mix well. Use a small cookie scoop (if you have one) and place the filling into the cavities of the egg whites. Decorate the plate with pea shoots or fresh dill or edible flowers or some other colorful splash.
Makes 12 devilled eggs.
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- Reuben Mina and a Cute Story
- Frugal Floozie Friday - My Favorite Cafe
- Gluten-Free Sweet 'n' Salty Mini Chocolate Cupcake...
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms - Be Our Guest!
- Baked Chicken with Morels and Leeks
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Morgan and York
- Butter Cake for Yom HaShoah
- Gluten-Free Pasta with a Gremolata Gratin
- Root Beer-Basted Ham
- Taqueria La Fiesta, Part Dos
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Jolly Pumpkin Cafe & Brewe...
- Dijon Devilled Eggs + Giveaway Winner
- Chicken Baked in Spiced Mango Sauce
- Espresso Pudding Parfait
- Matzah 'n' Mangoes (and a Giveaway!)
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Cafe Ollie
- Boston Baked Beans for Opening Day
- Slows To Go
- Krispy Kreme Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The Brisket Bake-Off
- ▼ April (21)
- ► 2011 (259)