Monday, April 9, 2012
Matzah 'n' Mangoes (and a Giveaway!)
Lotsa news 'round here!
1) If you've got some spare time and you'd like to read my review of The New York Times Passover Cookbook, then go to page 24 of this month's issue of The Washtenaw Jewish News. Find out why I like to schmear grape jelly on my matzah, and where I learned to do it.
A charming woman named Susan, who works in Marketing and Community Relations for Whole Foods Market, sent me an email the other day with a fabulous offer: a case of 16 Ataulfo mangoes [ah-tah-UHL-foh] to play with and a case for one of my astoundingly wonderful readers (those in the U.S., that is ... sorry to others!).
Entry is easy: all you have to do is leave a comment below saying that you'd like to win, tell me what you might make with the mangoes (or just that you intend to eat them "as is" with no fuss), and make sure I can reach you by email to let you know if you've won. It would be great if you could "like" Whole Foods on Facebook, too, 'cause they've been nice to us. Oh, and only one entry per person even if you leave more than one comment; the first one will be the one that counts. It's easier and more fair that way.
This one is going to be fast and furious: the deadline is Wednesday, April 11 at 9 a.m. EDT, and I'll use Random.org to pick the winner. If I notify you of winning, you'll have 'til 3 p.m. EDT to acknowledge it; if you ignore me, I'll move on down the road to the next in line.
This timing probably seems a bit odd ... here's the scoop. The mangoes are only being featured for a short while. Observant Jews won't be using the computer from sundown on Thursday the 12th through sundown on Saturday the 14th because of the end of Passover (Jewish law ... it's complicated), so finding an email announcement or responding to it wouldn't be possible. And procrastinators have to worry about their taxes ... oy! It seemed easier to just do it quickly, before the weekend.
If you're the winner and you live near a Whole Foods, Susan can arrange for you to pick up the goodies at the closest store; if you don't live near a Whole Foods, she'll have them shipped to you.
Chag Pesach Sameach! [HAHG PAY-sahk sah-MAY-ahk] = Happy Passover!
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (88)
- Reuben Mina and a Cute Story
- Frugal Floozie Friday - My Favorite Cafe
- Gluten-Free Sweet 'n' Salty Mini Chocolate Cupcake...
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms - Be Our Guest!
- Baked Chicken with Morels and Leeks
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Morgan and York
- Butter Cake for Yom HaShoah
- Gluten-Free Pasta with a Gremolata Gratin
- Root Beer-Basted Ham
- Taqueria La Fiesta, Part Dos
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Jolly Pumpkin Cafe & Brewe...
- Dijon Devilled Eggs + Giveaway Winner
- Chicken Baked in Spiced Mango Sauce
- Espresso Pudding Parfait
- Matzah 'n' Mangoes (and a Giveaway!)
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Cafe Ollie
- Boston Baked Beans for Opening Day
- Slows To Go
- Krispy Kreme Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The Brisket Bake-Off
- ▼ April (21)
- ► 2011 (258)