Tuesday, June 22, 2010
30 Things I Vow to Do This Summer
To help ward off writer's block (yeah, like that could happen to someone like me!), I signed up for Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop which offers writing prompts. So, following down the proverbial primrose path of one of these suggestions, I hereby offer:
30 Things I Vow to Do This Summer (Or At Least, The Food-Related Plans!)
1. Make pesto.
2. Roast tomatoes and make a sauce.
3. Find ways to get Jeremy to eat more vegetables.
4. Pit cherries ... lots and lots and lots of cherries, 'cause I buy them in 10-pound boxes for several weeks in a row.
5. Shop at the Ypsilanti Depot Town Farmers Market some Saturday morning.
6. Make Panzanella with my freshly harvested tomatoes and basil.
7. Work on my gardens -- backyard and community.
8. Shop more at the Om Market for Indian groceries.
9. Work up to running to the Om Market (preferably without gasping for my last breath), which is a mile-and-a-half from my home, while Jeremy rides his bike ahead of me.
10. Eat at the new Mediterranean/Middle Eastern restaurant opening soon near my house.
11. Go back to Comet Coffee.
12. Go to Lab, a self-proclaimed "coffee + tea + yogurt experience," which serves my beloved Intelligentsia coffee.
13. Go back to Shalimar with Tom tomorrow night for a fabulous Indian dinner, just like we had on our first date.
14. Use the beautiful bottle of blood orange vinegar that I bought at Fox & Obel (an extraordinary gourmet market) in Chicago.
15. Write up posts about Jeremy's and my culinary adventures while we were in Chicago.
16. Work on my assorted and sundry sidebar projects, which have been sadly neglected in recent weeks.
17. Eat less meat.
18. Eat another Delicious Dogs on the Run hot dog ... perhaps at Art Fair.
19. Continue to look for quirky cookbooks as I peruse rummage sales.
20. Continue to look for intriguing plates and cups and whatnot while I'm at the aforementioned rummage sales, to use for photographing food.
21. Improve my food photography.
22. Try to enter more cooking contests.
23. Finish a book, particularly the one about being a personal chef on a yacht in the Mediterranean that I keep renewing from the library -- Mediterranean Summer: A Season on France's Cote d'Azur and Italy's Costa Bella by David Shalleck.
24. Make BLTs with tomatoes from my garden.
25. Make BLT pasta salad.
26. Bring a picnic to an outdoor concert.
27. Donate tomatoes to a program that feeds the hungry.
28. Make my prize-winning Ratatouille in August when the ingredients are freshly harvested.
29. Make Cherry Sorbet.
30. Make a lattice-topped Cherry Pie.
NOTE: Don't forget to check out the "thank you" post for my followers, and leave a comment at the end of it if you're interested in the gift drawing: "L'Chaim -- To Life!"
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (89)
- ► 2012 (229)
- ► 2011 (259)
- Wordless Wednesday -- Summer Celebration
- What a Coincidence!
- We Have a Winner!!!
- Two More Awards ... I'm Blushing!!!
- Fox & Obel
- The Dish on the Deep Dish
- Welcome Wednesday, with a Few Words
- 30 Things I Vow to Do This Summer
- "It's Been a Long, Long Time"
- Another Food Holiday -- YAY!!!
- Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries and Berries
- L'Chaim -- To Life!
- Sometimes I Amaze Even Myself!
- "I'm Runnin' Free, But I Don't Want to Be ...."
- I'm Thrilled to Announce That I'm a Versatile Blog...
- An Ode to the Peanut Butter Cookie
- Five Question Friday
- A Blog With Substance ... Mine!!!
- Welcome Wordless Wednesday
- Peanut Butter Pie ... Sigh ... :)
- "Now the Party's Over, I'm So Tired ...."
- Congratulations, Jeremy!!! Class of 2010 ... :)
- My Blog is Carbon Neutral (Even If I'm Not)
- "Let's Have Another Cup of Coffee"
- "Come and Run From the Heat in the Middle of a Sun...
- Wordless Wednesday
- Blah, Blah, Blah ... NaBloPoMo
- ▼ June (29)