It takes so little to make me happy, sometimes. And a vanilla milkshake -- frankly, a milkshake of any flavor! -- can do it every time. So thankfully, because we can all use a little happifying, today is ... ta da!!! ... National Vanilla Milkshake Day! And what a great treat for Dad on Father's Day, too ... :)
Go to Dairy Queen, to Baskin-Robbins, to Big Boy ... I can't believe I'm saying this, but even go to McDonald's if you have to in order to get yourself a milkshake. If you have dairy issues, feel free to use rice or soy milks and ice creams; I don't think there's any requirement to use cow's milk products, after all.
Of course, these are very easy to make at home -- there's hardly even a recipe. Plop some vanilla ice cream into a blender. Add milk halfway up the ice cream blob. If you have some vanilla-flavored coffee syrup, splash a little in. Put the top on the blender and whoosh! Blend until smooth. Add either more ice cream (if too thin) or more milk (if too thick); then pour into tall glasses, add whipped cream and straws, and serve to happy people!
But remember -- it can't be strawberry, it can't be jamocha (our Arby's closed, taking it with the only thing worth ordering there), and it can't be a chocolate malt. Vanilla is the flavor du jour!
NOTE: Don't forget to check out the "thank you" post for my followers, and leave a comment at the end of it if you're interested in the gift drawing: "L'Chaim -- To Life!"
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2012 (227)
- ► 2011 (259)
- Wordless Wednesday -- Summer Celebration
- What a Coincidence!
- We Have a Winner!!!
- Two More Awards ... I'm Blushing!!!
- Fox & Obel
- The Dish on the Deep Dish
- Welcome Wednesday, with a Few Words
- 30 Things I Vow to Do This Summer
- "It's Been a Long, Long Time"
- Another Food Holiday -- YAY!!!
- Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries and Berries
- L'Chaim -- To Life!
- Sometimes I Amaze Even Myself!
- "I'm Runnin' Free, But I Don't Want to Be ...."
- I'm Thrilled to Announce That I'm a Versatile Blog...
- An Ode to the Peanut Butter Cookie
- Five Question Friday
- A Blog With Substance ... Mine!!!
- Welcome Wordless Wednesday
- Peanut Butter Pie ... Sigh ... :)
- "Now the Party's Over, I'm So Tired ...."
- Congratulations, Jeremy!!! Class of 2010 ... :)
- My Blog is Carbon Neutral (Even If I'm Not)
- "Let's Have Another Cup of Coffee"
- "Come and Run From the Heat in the Middle of a Sun...
- Wordless Wednesday
- Blah, Blah, Blah ... NaBloPoMo
- ▼ June (29)