I am so very humbled and honored to announce that another one of my very dear blogging friends has bestowed an award upon me -- "The Versatile Blogger." What's funny is that just as Beth was posting that on her own site, Beth: A Work in Progress, I was in the process of writing up my Sunday post awarding her the "Hard-Working Mommy Blogger" Award!
Beth is a prolific writer, adding posts throughout each day; but the amazing thing is that she always has something relevant, interesting, humorous, wise, and otherwise important to say. I have yet to read one of her contributions that hasn't offered something I found intriguing or entertaining, or simply a message I needed to hear that was delivered in just the manner I needed it to be presented in to really receive it. Thank you for that, Beth, and thank you for your friendship ... :)
So now, I've been asked to share 7 random facts about myself as part of the requirement for accepting the award. I'm going to stick to food-related tidbits -- I know I've veered a bit from the Food Floozie mission statement of late, and I don't want anyone stumbling upon my blog only to say "Well, where are the recipes? Where are the restaurant reviews?? Where's the food?!?!?!!!"
1. I don't like green peppers. I like red, yellow, and orange peppers; the green ones are overpowering and bitter, and just don't serve a purpose in my life.
2. I buy whole wheat pasta and brown rice almost exclusively, rather than the refined carb versions with no nutrients.
3. I always add salt, pepper, and a touch of nutmeg to turkey burgers. And I serve 'em on whole grain buns with mayonnaise.
4. My ideal breakfast is good cheese with fresh fruit. I will eat fried eggs, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, yogurt with granola, leftover Chinese food, guacamole and chips, and all sorts of other things depending upon availability and cravings. But cheese 'n' fruit is perfection.
5. As much as I love homemade macaroni and cheese -- and I make a mean one with 4 types of cheese! -- there is just something about those little blue boxes from Kraft, isn't there ...?
6. I love afternoon tea, with dainty finger sandwiches and pretty little pastries. It's been a long time since I've treated myself to that ... I need to remedy this!
7. I will pay extra for pre-packaged winter squash that has already been diced, rather than risking my fingers by trying to cut those rock-hard things myself. I cook and bake from scratch, I shell peas, I pit cherries ... I'm not someone who thrives upon convenience items. But this is a matter of avoiding an amputation!
I am also supposed to pass this award on to 5 other bloggers -- always, always, always the hardest part because there are too many worthy potential recipients! So, here goes:
1. The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways
2. Fab Find Foodie
3. Lemons to Lemonade
4. The Answer Is Chocolate
5. 504 Main
Now, because the synchronicity between Beth and me wasn't sufficient, as I was writing up the previous award I received the "Honest Scrap" Award from Angela at Fab Find Foodie! Her site is so much fun -- you'll find exceptional humor, great recipes, updates on all the latest and greatest kitchen gear, and a warm heart behind it all.
My mission, should I choose to accept it -- which, of course, I do! -- is to:
- List 10 things you don't know about me.
- Award this prize to 8 other bloggers.
Well, I've modified Task #1 a bit -- since I've already listed 7 tantalizing(???) tidbits about myself above, I will simply add 3 more here to complete my 10:
8. I know a pretty fair amount about food, but I know almost nothing about wine. I drink maybe 1 or 2 glasses of wine per year, at most, so it's not within the realm of stuff I need to cram into the sieve that is my brain.
9. I love orange marmalade. And a pb&j made with marmalade is a pretty fabulous thing ... :)
10. I own a blender and a toaster; other than that, I don't own any kitchen gizmos -- no KitchenAid mixer, no bread machine, no food processor, no rice cooker, nothin'.
And now, Task #2 -- to share the wealth with 8 truly deserving bloggers:
1. Life Happens When You're Making Other Plans ....
2. More Than a Mount Full - A Culinary Journey
3. The Caffeinated Globe
4. Mi Chiamo Candace
5. Diary of a Chic Mommy
6. Andrea the Kitchen Witch
7. Bags, Books & Bon Jovi
8. Adventures ... in all things food
Again, Beth and Angela -- my most sincere thanks for these awards!!! I am humbled by this plethora of praise, and tickled that it enabled me to use the Word Up, Yo! "Word of the Week" ... :)
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- December (3)
- November (12)
- October (6)
- June (1)
- May (14)
- April (13)
- March (10)
- February (12)
- January (12)
- December (12)
- November (14)
- October (18)
- September (16)
- August (20)
- July (19)
- June (21)
- May (23)
- April (21)
- March (22)
- February (21)
- January (22)
- December (22)
- November (22)
- October (21)
- September (22)
- August (23)
- July (21)
- June (22)
- May (20)
- April (21)
- March (23)
- February (21)
- January (21)
- December (23)
- November (19)
- October (21)
- September (23)
- August (24)
- July (26)
- Wordless Wednesday -- Summer Celebration
- What a Coincidence!
- We Have a Winner!!!
- Two More Awards ... I'm Blushing!!!
- Fox & Obel
- The Dish on the Deep Dish
- Welcome Wednesday, with a Few Words
- 30 Things I Vow to Do This Summer
- "It's Been a Long, Long Time"
- Another Food Holiday -- YAY!!!
- Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries and Berries
- L'Chaim -- To Life!
- Sometimes I Amaze Even Myself!
- "I'm Runnin' Free, But I Don't Want to Be ...."
- I'm Thrilled to Announce That I'm a Versatile Blog...
- An Ode to the Peanut Butter Cookie
- Five Question Friday
- A Blog With Substance ... Mine!!!
- Welcome Wordless Wednesday
- Peanut Butter Pie ... Sigh ... :)
- "Now the Party's Over, I'm So Tired ...."
- Congratulations, Jeremy!!! Class of 2010 ... :)
- My Blog is Carbon Neutral (Even If I'm Not)
- "Let's Have Another Cup of Coffee"
- "Come and Run From the Heat in the Middle of a Sun...
- Wordless Wednesday
- Blah, Blah, Blah ... NaBloPoMo
- May (16)
- April (7)
- March (6)