Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Blog With Substance ... Mine!!!


Many, many thanks to Dania -- whose fabulous blog, "Life as a Cuban-American Mama," is one of my favorites! -- for graciously bestowing upon me an award for writing "A Blog With Substance." I always read her posts, so thoroughly relishing her recipes, her warm and loving memories of growing up in a Cuban-American family, her stories about her adorable boys. And so I eagerly read as she posted about having received the Substance Award herself. Way to go!!!


And then I read over the list of blogs she was passing the honor along to ... and there I was! I was shocked ... thrilled ... shocked ... giddy! Completely unexpected. Where's Joan Rivers to ask "Who are you wearing?" 'Cause if I ever find myself in that position I'll be wearing her jewelry, because I'd be terrified of wearing that Harry Winston stuff and losing or damaging it!

Dania always strikes me as someone who'd be fabulous to have as a BFF, someone to have coffee or lunch with, someone to spend a day cooking amazing things with in the kitchen, someone to confide in and whose wisdom would be a blessing. So I am particularly proud to have received this award from her ... :)

Beyond graciously accepting the prize (and trying not to drone on for so long that the orchestra plays you off the stage!), here are the terms for being an honoree:

To accept this award, start out by thanking the blogger that passed it onto you.

Thank you! Merci Beaucoup! Mille Grazie! Gratia! Cпасибо! [spah-SEE-bah] !תּוֹדָה רַבָּה [toe-DAH rah-BAH] (A little representation of the various languages I speak -- English -- and have studied -- French, Italian, Latin, Russian and Hebrew. Nope, I've never studied Spanish!)

Sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation and experience using five (5) words.

5 words -- are you kidding me??? Have ya met me?!?!? Pfffft! This is harder than trying to deal with Twitter! Alright, let's see ... entertainment, education, community, sharing, feeding.

The final step to accepting this award is passing it along to 10 other blogs you believe are "Blogs with Substance".


Now, this part is as hard as that last one! Only 10??? Sheesh! Making decisions is not my forte, especially when there are so many worthy recipients ... sigh. But rules are rules; and at least my choices have been narrowed down by one, 'cause I'd have given this to Dania if someone hadn't beaten me to it! So, in no particular order:

1. Always Curtsy When You Sneeze

2. One Day at A Time

3. Your Daily Dose

4. Healthy, Unwealthy and Becoming Wise

5. Beth: A Work In Progress

6. Eat Drink Wash Up

7. Peaceful Divas

8. Girlichef

9. {SeMi}CrAzEd

10. Sarah Loves Ladybugs

Congratulations to all!!! Many thanks for being you, for distracting me while I'm at work and shouldn't be checking out your recent posts, and for enlightening or entertaining or educating or edifying or enticing or whatever you might be doing on any given day. I have a particular affinity for those who write about introspection and/or the foibles of daily life, for those supporting good causes, as well as for those who share my obsession with food! I am grateful for your contributions to the blogging world ... :)



MyHotComments.com

12 comments:

Jeannette said...

Awww, thank you! It's such a cute one too! I'll try to get it up before my surgery on Monday. It's nothing too serious, don't worry.

Anonymous said...

OMFG??? WOW...thank you, thank you, thank you^^ *jumps up and down*

Heather S-G said...

Wow! First of all, congratulations on your award ;)...second of all, THANK YOU!!! I'm honored to be one of the 10 blogs you chose [blushing]. Ah, it's a good day =)

Beth Zimmerman said...

Awww ... THANK YOU! I am touched and will definitely check out the other blogs you mentioned! :) And that was one of the best acceptance speeches I have read in a LONG time! Even without the expensive jewelry!

Sarah Larsen said...

I'm glad to know someone else checks blogs while at work. :) Congrats on your award!

Robin said...

Wow! I am totally bowled over with surprise. Bowled over... get it? I am so freaking tired I am making horrible puns. Horrible night of insomnia but this award puts a smile on my face<3 So thank you so much. I couldn't be more suprised and thrilled!!!

Keri said...

YM, you're just too good to be true. Many, many thanks to you for supporting my bitchy little blog. I'm so flattered to be in such company, and if you were accepting an award, you'd be the Sandra Bullock whom everyone WANTS to hear drone on. I'm faklempt! Congratulations on the success of your blog. I want to be just like'ya! Keri
www.alwayscurtsywhenyousneeze.com

Robin said...

Check out HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY. I don't know how familiar you are with this weekly dedication process but I hope you like yours...

Southern Reflexions said...

Congrats on your award!! Thanks so much for linking up Monday!! Hope to see you next Monday!! :o)

Katina said...

Congrats on your award and thank you from the bottom of my heart for nominating me!!! You really made my day!

Dania said...

I just have to say I'm so happy you liked receiving this award from me, and your "thank you" to me was nothing short of spectacular! I'M NOT WORTHY!!!

I should clarify that I was never given this award. I actually created it and a blogger friend made the button for me. I often commented to my husband about the lack of good blogs out there. I follow and keep up with plenty, but sometimes you're looking for a blog with some substance to it. Hence, an award was born.

I wanted to recognize blogs that go out of their way to provoke, inspire and educate others other than stalking them and leaving gushy comments every other day (yes, I do that). You, missy, do all of this with charm and grace. You deserve all the praise you get.

So congrats, mazal tov & felicidades from me to you {insert much applause and reverent bowing at this point} :-)

Sara said...

My favorite: Always curtsy when you sneeze.

Perfect.

Great to discover your blog!


Ghosts of Postings Past and Present

Looking for Something ...?