Thursday, June 10, 2010
A Blog With Substance ... Mine!!!
Many, many thanks to Dania -- whose fabulous blog, "Life as a Cuban-American Mama," is one of my favorites! -- for graciously bestowing upon me an award for writing "A Blog With Substance." I always read her posts, so thoroughly relishing her recipes, her warm and loving memories of growing up in a Cuban-American family, her stories about her adorable boys. And so I eagerly read as she posted about having received the Substance Award herself. Way to go!!!
And then I read over the list of blogs she was passing the honor along to ... and there I was! I was shocked ... thrilled ... shocked ... giddy! Completely unexpected. Where's Joan Rivers to ask "Who are you wearing?" 'Cause if I ever find myself in that position I'll be wearing her jewelry, because I'd be terrified of wearing that Harry Winston stuff and losing or damaging it!
Dania always strikes me as someone who'd be fabulous to have as a BFF, someone to have coffee or lunch with, someone to spend a day cooking amazing things with in the kitchen, someone to confide in and whose wisdom would be a blessing. So I am particularly proud to have received this award from her ... :)
Beyond graciously accepting the prize (and trying not to drone on for so long that the orchestra plays you off the stage!), here are the terms for being an honoree:
To accept this award, start out by thanking the blogger that passed it onto you.
Thank you! Merci Beaucoup! Mille Grazie! Gratia! Cпасибо! [spah-SEE-bah] !תּוֹדָה רַבָּה [toe-DAH rah-BAH] (A little representation of the various languages I speak -- English -- and have studied -- French, Italian, Latin, Russian and Hebrew. Nope, I've never studied Spanish!)
Sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation and experience using five (5) words.
5 words -- are you kidding me??? Have ya met me?!?!? Pfffft! This is harder than trying to deal with Twitter! Alright, let's see ... entertainment, education, community, sharing, feeding.
The final step to accepting this award is passing it along to 10 other blogs you believe are "Blogs with Substance".
Now, this part is as hard as that last one! Only 10??? Sheesh! Making decisions is not my forte, especially when there are so many worthy recipients ... sigh. But rules are rules; and at least my choices have been narrowed down by one, 'cause I'd have given this to Dania if someone hadn't beaten me to it! So, in no particular order:
1. Always Curtsy When You Sneeze
2. One Day at A Time
3. Your Daily Dose
4. Healthy, Unwealthy and Becoming Wise
5. Beth: A Work In Progress
6. Eat Drink Wash Up
7. Peaceful Divas
10. Sarah Loves Ladybugs
Congratulations to all!!! Many thanks for being you, for distracting me while I'm at work and shouldn't be checking out your recent posts, and for enlightening or entertaining or educating or edifying or enticing or whatever you might be doing on any given day. I have a particular affinity for those who write about introspection and/or the foibles of daily life, for those supporting good causes, as well as for those who share my obsession with food! I am grateful for your contributions to the blogging world ... :)
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2012 (227)
- ► 2011 (259)
- Wordless Wednesday -- Summer Celebration
- What a Coincidence!
- We Have a Winner!!!
- Two More Awards ... I'm Blushing!!!
- Fox & Obel
- The Dish on the Deep Dish
- Welcome Wednesday, with a Few Words
- 30 Things I Vow to Do This Summer
- "It's Been a Long, Long Time"
- Another Food Holiday -- YAY!!!
- Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries and Berries
- L'Chaim -- To Life!
- Sometimes I Amaze Even Myself!
- "I'm Runnin' Free, But I Don't Want to Be ...."
- I'm Thrilled to Announce That I'm a Versatile Blog...
- An Ode to the Peanut Butter Cookie
- Five Question Friday
- A Blog With Substance ... Mine!!!
- Welcome Wordless Wednesday
- Peanut Butter Pie ... Sigh ... :)
- "Now the Party's Over, I'm So Tired ...."
- Congratulations, Jeremy!!! Class of 2010 ... :)
- My Blog is Carbon Neutral (Even If I'm Not)
- "Let's Have Another Cup of Coffee"
- "Come and Run From the Heat in the Middle of a Sun...
- Wordless Wednesday
- Blah, Blah, Blah ... NaBloPoMo
- ▼ June (29)