Anyone who knows me, or who has read virtually anything I've written (email, blog post, chat, grocery list, "notes to self," whatever), knows that I am ... shall we politely say? ... a tad verbose.
I've been teased about the length of my Facebook comments, which inevitably require people to "Read More." I once lost half -- HALF! -- of a missive when I was still exchanging very long and informative/confessional emails with the most recent ex before we actually met, because it had exceeded the unstated text limit. (And the portion that went through was pretty substantial, too!) And God help me when I resort to Tweeting, since I can't bring myself to type "thx" or "4" or "r" or "u" and pretend that they're real words.
I do words, and I do them well. I'm old enough to have some sense of both my strengths and my weaknesses, and writing does happen to be a strength ... thank goodness, since I have SO MANY weaknesses it needs to compensate for! I delude myself that my sentences are complex, fluid, rhythmic, amusing ... don't all writers/bloggers have a certain amount of conceit in our abilities, or else we wouldn't be spewing forth as we do??? But really, in short (ha!), I'm long-winded.
And so it only makes sense that someone like moi should take on a challenge of not only writing, but writing every day -- if you're going to blather anyway, you might as well make a game of it. And thus, my resolution for June: National Blog Posting Month. 30 posts, one for each day of the month, no leeway for illness or crises or naps -- man, whoever is runnin' this show must be a dominatrix!!!
So, if you haven't gotten tired of me yet perhaps there's still a chance! I make no promises of brevity, but I'll at least do my very best -- cross my heart -- not to bore you this month ....
P.S.: I'm adding this to the Tuesday Tag-Along hosted by Twee Poppets, and also to Follow Me Back Tuesday hosted by a quartet of feisty babes, where I politely introduce myself to other bloggers by dropping in on their sites and then they'll come and visit me, as well (I hope ... ?). If you're gonna spend 30 days typing up fascinating diatribes, after all, it's nice to have an ever-expanding audience of friends and followers to support you ... :)
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2012 (227)
- ► 2011 (259)
- Wordless Wednesday -- Summer Celebration
- What a Coincidence!
- We Have a Winner!!!
- Two More Awards ... I'm Blushing!!!
- Fox & Obel
- The Dish on the Deep Dish
- Welcome Wednesday, with a Few Words
- 30 Things I Vow to Do This Summer
- "It's Been a Long, Long Time"
- Another Food Holiday -- YAY!!!
- Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries and Berries
- L'Chaim -- To Life!
- Sometimes I Amaze Even Myself!
- "I'm Runnin' Free, But I Don't Want to Be ...."
- I'm Thrilled to Announce That I'm a Versatile Blog...
- An Ode to the Peanut Butter Cookie
- Five Question Friday
- A Blog With Substance ... Mine!!!
- Welcome Wordless Wednesday
- Peanut Butter Pie ... Sigh ... :)
- "Now the Party's Over, I'm So Tired ...."
- Congratulations, Jeremy!!! Class of 2010 ... :)
- My Blog is Carbon Neutral (Even If I'm Not)
- "Let's Have Another Cup of Coffee"
- "Come and Run From the Heat in the Middle of a Sun...
- Wordless Wednesday
- Blah, Blah, Blah ... NaBloPoMo
- ▼ June (29)