Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Apple Almond Kugel for Rosh Hashanah


My friend Debbie Vanni at The Culinary Cellar very graciously invited me to write a guest post for Rosh Hashanah. Thank you, Debbie, for the fabulous honor!

So go visit her fabulous site devoted to recipes and cookbooks, and you'll find us celebrating the new year and reviewing the past one while sharing a sweet treat: Apple Almond Kugel. 'Cause it's not a Jewish party without kugel, after all - a traditional creamy noodle pudding with a crunchy, cinnamony topping.

I've baked a lot of kugels over the years, but Jeremy told me that this is "the best one you've ever made!" Pretty high praise ... :)

Shana Tovah!!! [shah-NAH toh-VAH]

May you have a sweet new year!

Note: Debbie plans to post the recipe tomorrow, for the first full day of Rosh Hashanah. If you must see it now, check it out on AnnArbor.com ... but still be sure to visit Debbie and say "hi!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm heading over there now.. the picture looks soooo good, I wish I could just reach in there and grab that piece!! YUM!

Candace said...

I have never eaten a kugel before! It looks fantastic, Mary. I'm going to visit now.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I just checked out the recipe at the Culinary Cellar. It looks like a winner to me. What a great combination with the apples and almonds. Yum..


Ghosts of Postings Past and Present

Looking for Something ...?