Monday, September 12, 2011
National Chocolate Milkshake Day
More apologies to my friends, followers and other fabulous folks who stop by here! First I moved ... oy! And I'm still unpacking, 'cause after moving a loved one in my extended family passed away, immediately followed by a family member being hospitalized and still not doing well. And the Jewish High Holidays begin at the end of the month, so I'm working late and working 6 days/week. No excuses - I'm trying to keep up, trying to stay in touch! Just please don't take it personally if I seem neglectful ... you're all in my heart and in my thoughts, even though I seem to have gone a.w.o.l.!
Thankfully, it's warmed up again after last week's distinctly Fall-like chill. Because today is National Chocolate Milkshake Day, and it's much more fun to enjoy a cool drink on a warm day!
You can make a basic version of this rich, delicious treat by using chocolate ice cream and plain ol' milk; but why not make it a bit more special?
Taking inspiration from the beloved Mounds bar - sweet coconut dipped in dark chocolate - I added coconut milk to my milkshake. After all, it's a fabulous flavor combination in any form!
Whether you glam up your drink or rely upon the old favorite in its beautiful simplicity, be sure to celebrate National Chocolate Milkshake Day somehow!
Chocolate Coconut Milkshake
2 cups chocolate ice cream
3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup chocolate milk
whipped cream, for serving
Combine ice cream, syrup and coconut milk in a blender; puree until smooth. Pour into a tall glass, top with whipped cream, and enjoy!
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2013 (89)
- ► 2012 (229)
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Tuptim
- Hot Dog Hotdish for the Minnesota Game
- Apple Almond Kugel for Rosh Hashanah
- The Saga of the Broken Apple Tart
- Peanut Butter Pancakes with Nutella Sauce
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Tea Haus
- Plantain Chip & Black Bean Nachos for the San Dieg...
- Confetti Pasta
- Creamy Macaroni & Cheese
- Soft 'n' Chewy Oatmeal Cookies for Alpha House
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- La Fiesta Mexicana
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad for the EMU Game
- Curried Lentil Soup with Tomato
- Cinnamon Roll Sundae
- National Chocolate Milkshake Day
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- \aut\ Bar
- Chocolate Guinness Cake for the Notre Dame Game
- Zucchini alla Puttanesca
- Peach 'n' Pecan Parfaits
- National Cheese Pizza Day
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Frita Batidos
- Beer 'n' Cheese Bread for the Football Season Open...
- ▼ September (22)