Friday, September 9, 2011
Frugal Floozie Friday -- \aut\ Bar
On a warm, sunny evening recently, Tom and I enjoyed a lovely dinner on the shaded patio at the \aut\ Bar, today's Frugal Floozie Friday feature.
We stood for quite some time perusing the menu's numerous options before settling on our choice; better, we determined, to have the staff wait a few moments to seat us than for our poor server to come back to our table multiple times as we tried valiantly to make a decision among so many delicious choices.
Ultimately we decided to split the fabulously flavorful and feisty Italian Roll-Up: Hard salami and spicy Italian cappicola rolled in a large sun-dried tomato tortilla with provolone, pepperoncini pepper, lettuce, tomato, olive relish, and Italian seasonings.
It was a tremendous amount of food for an exceptional value: $7.25, thus less then $4 each - well within the Frugal Floozie Friday budget of $5 per person. And there are also lots of desserts, appetizers and other sandwiches which would have qualified for our mission, too.
The sandwich was tightly packed with so many colors and sensations! Each meat offered its own blend of spices, the vegetables were crisp and cooling, and the relish offered a salty touch. It was a unique and perfect combination of textures and tastes. The fries were crisp with just the right amount of salt, rather than bland or overly seasoned - an ideal complement to the zesty roll-up.
Our dinner at the \aut\ Bar was a wonderful start to a great evening enjoying the sights, sounds and scenes of downtown Ann Arbor.
315 Braun Ct.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
View Larger Map
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (88)
- ► 2012 (229)
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Tuptim
- Hot Dog Hotdish for the Minnesota Game
- Apple Almond Kugel for Rosh Hashanah
- The Saga of the Broken Apple Tart
- Peanut Butter Pancakes with Nutella Sauce
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Tea Haus
- Plantain Chip & Black Bean Nachos for the San Dieg...
- Confetti Pasta
- Creamy Macaroni & Cheese
- Soft 'n' Chewy Oatmeal Cookies for Alpha House
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- La Fiesta Mexicana
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad for the EMU Game
- Curried Lentil Soup with Tomato
- Cinnamon Roll Sundae
- National Chocolate Milkshake Day
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- \aut\ Bar
- Chocolate Guinness Cake for the Notre Dame Game
- Zucchini alla Puttanesca
- Peach 'n' Pecan Parfaits
- National Cheese Pizza Day
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Frita Batidos
- Beer 'n' Cheese Bread for the Football Season Open...
- ▼ September (22)