Friday, October 28, 2011
Frugal Floozie Friday -- Great Plains Burger
After running some errands on a chaotic afternoon, Jeremy and I were in need of sustenance. We were hungry, and we were a bit frustrated after not accomplishing everything we'd hoped to. So we sought the comfort of a great burger with all the fixin's. We went to today's Frugal Floozie Friday feature - Great Plains Burger.
For $4.89 - perfectly within our mandatory $5 per person budget - you can get a single burger with either a beef, turkey or black bean patty. (Carnivores that we are, Jeremy and I both chose beef.) But then there are the freebies: mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, Thousand Island dressing, BBQ sauce, steak sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, green olives, jalapenos, grilled onions, and sauteed mushrooms. For less than $5, you can have quite a feast!
I piled on the toppings, maximizing the value for my frugal meal. The patties are hand-formed, the vegetables are all fresh and crisp, and the burgers are made only when ordered rather than loitering under lamps for awhile. Messy, flavorful and abundant ... this was a great burger!
Great Plains Burger also serves milkshakes and fries that fall within our Frugal Floozie Friday limits. The fries are hot and crisp and perfectly cooked, and the shakes are unbelievably rich and creamy, featuring local favorite Guernsey ice cream.
So for a quick and hearty meal that doesn't cost a lot of money, Great Plains Burger is absolutely a fabulous choice!
Great Plains Burger
1771 Plymouth Rd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
View Larger Map
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (89)
- ► 2012 (229)
- Hallowe'en Treats for the Grown-Ups
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Great Plains Burger
- Indiana Cream Pie for the Purdue Game
- Hillary Clinton's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Grandpuppy Treats
- Gorgonzola Polenta with Spicy Vegetables
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Sabor Latino
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding
- Pepper-Onion Dip for the World Series
- Cranberry Bran Muffins with Orange Marmalade Butte...
- The Grub Crawl
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- The Ugly Mug
- Greek Spinach Dip for the Michigan-Michigan State ...
- Harvest Stew
- Mini Peanut Butter Milkshakes
- Parmesan Puffs
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Chicago Reds
- Italian Beef Sandwiches for the Northwestern Game
- Fluffernutter Cupcakes
- Brown Sugar Tea Cake with Moscato Glaze
- Kale and Peppers in Red Wine Sauce
- ▼ October (21)