Tuesday, October 25, 2011
I'm old enough to be a grandmother (God help me!), but Jeremy is only 20; therefore, he is not old enough to be a father yet. He is, however, the proud "dad" of a 3-month old Jack Russell terrier named Poochiee ... I am bubbe to a new grandpuppy!
Poochie is so cute, and quite the "chick magnet". He's sweet, he's friendly, he's playful, he isn't yappy, he likes to grab hold of Jeremy's pant legs and wrestle with them ferociously, he runs back and forth and forth and back. Oy, he can be exhausting!
But I love him anyway, as he's just doing what puppies do.
As we all know, I like to feed people. I like to feed critters, too. We've never - and I do mean never - had an animal (from guinea pigs to cats to hamsters to dogs) that didn't gain weight in my household. That's just the way things are.
So, of course, I had to bake treats for my new grandpuppy! And these are very easy to make, with no specialized ingredients; they could actually be "people food," if anyone were inclined to try them.
The grandpuppy adores these, and devoured three of them as soon as they were cool enough to eat. He knows how to wiggle his way into Bubbe's heart!
Beefy Peanut Butter Doggie Treats
1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3 tablespoons cornmeal
pinch of kosher salt
1/2 cup beef broth
1 large egg
2 tablespoons peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a baking sheet.
In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, and salt. In a measuring cup, combine broth and egg; pour over dry ingredients, add peanut butter, and stir to combine everything.
Form 3/4" balls of dough and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, press down to flatten the cookies a bit. Bake for 25-30 minutes until very firm, then let cool completely.
Makes 28 treats.
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2013 (89)
- ► 2012 (229)
- Hallowe'en Treats for the Grown-Ups
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Great Plains Burger
- Indiana Cream Pie for the Purdue Game
- Hillary Clinton's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Grandpuppy Treats
- Gorgonzola Polenta with Spicy Vegetables
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Sabor Latino
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding
- Pepper-Onion Dip for the World Series
- Cranberry Bran Muffins with Orange Marmalade Butte...
- The Grub Crawl
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- The Ugly Mug
- Greek Spinach Dip for the Michigan-Michigan State ...
- Harvest Stew
- Mini Peanut Butter Milkshakes
- Parmesan Puffs
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Chicago Reds
- Italian Beef Sandwiches for the Northwestern Game
- Fluffernutter Cupcakes
- Brown Sugar Tea Cake with Moscato Glaze
- Kale and Peppers in Red Wine Sauce
- ▼ October (21)