Friday, October 14, 2011
Frugal Floozie Friday -- The Ugly Mug
On a blustery day recently, I dropped Jeremy off at an appointment. I could have parked myself in the waiting room for an hour-and-a-half, but that seemed pretty dreary. So I took myself out for a treat at The Ugly Mug, today's Frugal Floozie Friday feature.
It was warm and cozy inside, and very welcoming. It was also kitschy and quirky, so I felt right at home immediately! I perused the numerous options, from bagels to coffee to desserts, but settled pretty quickly on one of my favorite treats: hot Caramel Apple Cider. And who was I to deny myself a scone to accompany my beverage? It was a Friday afternoon, I'd worked hard all week ... I deserved it.
My truly delicious, perfectly satisfying treat cost exactly $4 ($3 for a small cider, $1 for the scone), making it an ideal Frugal Floozie Friday option within our mandatory $5 budget. The change from my $5 bill was placed into the tip jar.
When my drink was ready, I was asked if I wanted whipped cream on top of it. I can't even begin to imagine refusing such an offer, but the kind gentleman who gave me a very generous portion of cream said people actually do so ... wow!
I gathered up some newspapers and took a little while to read and decompress while enjoying my afternoon snack. Warm, sweet, fragrant cider, a freshly baked crumbly scone ... I was transported from the stress of the previous hours, days, weeks and able to relax happily.
The Ugly Mug has lovely treats, a welcoming atmosphere, and offers many potential Frugal Floozie Friday goodies. I highly recommend it!
The Ugly Mug
317 W. Cross
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
View Larger Map
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (88)
- ► 2012 (229)
- Hallowe'en Treats for the Grown-Ups
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Great Plains Burger
- Indiana Cream Pie for the Purdue Game
- Hillary Clinton's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Grandpuppy Treats
- Gorgonzola Polenta with Spicy Vegetables
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Sabor Latino
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding
- Pepper-Onion Dip for the World Series
- Cranberry Bran Muffins with Orange Marmalade Butte...
- The Grub Crawl
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- The Ugly Mug
- Greek Spinach Dip for the Michigan-Michigan State ...
- Harvest Stew
- Mini Peanut Butter Milkshakes
- Parmesan Puffs
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Chicago Reds
- Italian Beef Sandwiches for the Northwestern Game
- Fluffernutter Cupcakes
- Brown Sugar Tea Cake with Moscato Glaze
- Kale and Peppers in Red Wine Sauce
- ▼ October (21)