I am offering the best giveaway ever, if you either live in the Detroit area or are willing to travel here for an exceptional event!
The Children's Leukemia Foundation of Michigan - "an independent nonprofit foundation whose mission is to provide and promote compassionate, personalized support to people in Michigan affected by leukemia and other related disorders" - is preparing for an exciting fundraiser. (This is the same amazing charity that benefited from BRU Fest this past summer.) The event will feature fabulous food, world-class wines, award-winning chefs, and an opportunity to have fun while supporting an exceptional cause:
What a way to cork-off the season! The CRUSH MICHIGAN signature series of events will celebrate its fifth year with the CRUSH Birmingham 2012 Wine and Food Classic to be held on Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 6:30 p.m. at the Townsend Hotel in Birmingham, Michigan.
There will be 12 local executive chefs in attendance, featuring gourmet dishes. Wine personalities and Master sommeliers will describe, advise, and recommend some of the year’s most exquisite wine choices and pairings. There is also a CRUSH After Hours following the main event.
The mission of CRUSH MICHIGAN continues to be that of creating world-class regional wine and food fundraising events for the benefit of Children’s Leukemia Foundation of Michigan, an independent non-profit foundation serving families throughout the state of Michigan.
Did I mention that several James Beard Award finalists and semi-finalists are among that stellar crowd of chefs who'll be feeding guests? Look at this unbelievably impressive list of participants:
Michael Laiskonis, Chef, The Institute of Culinary Education, New York
Myles Anton, Executive Chef, Trattoria Stella, Traverse City
Jim Barnett, Executive Chef, Westin Book Cadillac, Detroit
Jim Bologna, Executive Chef, The Rugby Grill, The Townsend Hotel, Birmingham
Daniel Campbell, Executive Chef, Tallulah, Birmingham
|Luciano Del Signore|
Luciano Del Signore, Executive Chef, Bacco Ristorante, Southfield
Steven Grostick, Executive Chef, Toasted Oak Grill, Novi
Paul Grosz, Executive Chef, Cuisine, Detroit
Guillaume Hazael-Massieux, Executive Chef, La Becasse, Maple City
John Korycki, Executive Chef, Zazios, A Modern Italian Experience, Kalamazoo and Birmingham
Matt Millar, Executive Chef, Reserve, Grand Rapids
Ron Edwards, Master Sommelier, Wine Consultant and Educator, Wine Talk Radio Host
Madeline Triffon, Master Sommelier
Claudia Tyagi, Master Sommelier
Bartholomew Broadbent, Broadbent Selections, San Francisco, California
Tickets to this extraordinary event cost $250 ... unless you can win a pair.
That's right: I've been given the opportunity to host this giveaway so that you - yes, you! - might win 2 tickets to CRUSH Birmingham 2012, so you and a date, partner, friend, loved one, whomever can join me at the party and enjoy swoon-worthy dishes and wines while supporting a great cause!!!
Here are the details:
- Leave a comment below telling me that you'd love to win tickets to this fabulous party and would be able to attend.
- Make sure you leave an email address, so I can let you know if you've won.
- The giveaway begins today, and will end at noon on Sunday, September 16.
- I will use random.org to pick a number, then send an email to the winner; you'll have until 8 a.m. on Monday, September 17 to respond, or I'll choose another number.
- The folks at Identity P.R., who are so generously providing tickets to CRUSH Birmingham, will contact the winner by email to confirm names and ages for you and your guest.
- You've gotta find your own way to Birmingham (it's a suburb of Detroit, for non-locals); sorry, no air fare or gas money included in the deal!
- The winner's name will be added to the VIP list, so all you'll need to do is check in at the door when you arrive.
So leave a comment and try to win the tickets! Post this on Facebook and Twitter and whatever other social media you can think of! Send it in an email! Get the word out, because The Children's Leukemia Foundation of Michigan is such a great cause, and this is going to be an amazing party to benefit sick kids and their families.