Monday, October 18, 2010

Begging for Votes, Votes, and More Votes!!!

Fresh Wild Mushroom Recipe Challenge
I've been a bit of a slacker with my cooking contests in recent years, due to a significant lack of time (and, admittedly, sometimes a lack of inspiration). But I'm trying to get ye olde groove back again.

So when my friend Angela of Foodie Road Show told me about the Blogger Mushroom Recipe Challenge -- in which the very generous Marx Foods would send me samples of dried mushrooms to then use in creating a masterpiece, with a very fine prize awaiting the winner at the end of the event -- I thought it sounded like a fabulous opportunity.

First I took care of the recipe part of the contest: Fried Eggs with Bacon and Mushrooms in Cheese Sauce.

Now it's time for the voting part!

Point-blank, I'm begging for votes. On my knees, hands pressed together as I plead and grovel, begging for votes.

The poll will be on the Marx Foods blog starting at 6 a.m. Pacific time today, and will close on Friday at midnight. You can vote only once, it seems; and you can only vote once per IP address. As the company explains it: "That means that if you vote from work, for example, (depending on your network setup), your co-worker will not also be able to vote if they share the same IP address. They will, however, be able to vote from home. Just an FYI." So make sure not to lose your chance!

So, what can I win??? In addition to glory -- always a nice perk! -- I could win 3 shipments of fresh mushrooms (which I love!) and eligibility to compete in the "Ridiculously Delicious Contest" in December. "Now, what is the 'Ridiculously Delicious Contest'? We don’t know yet. We’re still trying to decide on something ridiculously big enough and awesomely delicious enough to be worthy of the name." But it sounds pretty impressive, doesn't it??? Please help me to get there, whatever it might be!

Marx Foods is also hosting a random drawing for anyone who's interested in entering. The prize for that contest will be pretty amazing too: an order of Fresh Truffles.

So go to the Marx Foods blog and please VOTE FOR ME!!! Enter the random drawing for your own sample of their fabulous mushrooms. Then after that, you can ...

Email this to all your loved ones.

Post it on Facebook.

Tweet this.

Stumble upon it.

Send it along on any social media you can think of that I'm too much of a Neoluddite to be aware of.

Many thanks, ahead of time, for any love and support you can show me! I'll let you know the results as soon as I know them myself ....










6 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't seem to find where to vote.. am I blind or what??? I want to vote for you!!!!

Unknown said...

Never mind... I found it!!! :) You got my vote girl... I'll vote from work too!!!

Cranberry Morning said...

I just voted for you. Best of luck!! :-)

Angela said...

Good luck Mary!! Thanks for the shout out, too.

Shawn said...

New follower from MFM. Your blog is fantastic and i can not wait to read more. I am going over to vote now!

www.coloradobeckers.blogspot.com

Chasity said...

VOTED. Good luck!


Ghosts of Postings Past and Present

Looking for Something ...?