Friday, October 29, 2010

Pizza Party



My jack-o-lantern pizza is cute and fun, and it makes a big impact; but not many kids will actually want to eat the olives used for the decoration. Jeremy loves them and always has; his friends wanted every microscopic molecule of the black stuff wiped off before they'd eat a slice ... sigh.

This is another in my week's worth of Hallowe'en "recipes" which really isn't much beyond a list of instructions. You can make your own crust and sauce, or you can take the easy way out and buy a frozen pizza on sale (as I did for this photo op, while I was picking up 'scripts at the pharmacy).

So, here's the scoop:

Take your uncooked pizza and place it on the countertop.

Spread 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese over the mozzarella.

Bake according to recipe/package instructions.

Take a small can of chopped olives and whiz them for a bit in a blender or food processor; you can puree them or leave them with a bit of texture, whichever you prefer.

Use a small spoon to place mounds of olives in the pattern of a jack-o-lantern face. Serve to kids who will be thrilled (until they find out that there are olives on their pizza) ....





Weekend blog hop button



16 comments:

Night Owl Mama said...

that is so creative thanks for sharing stopped by to follow you drop on by see you then

Kelly said...

You have such great ideas! I love it!
So easy too :)

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

adorable idea!

you could put green pepper at the top for a "stem" and some kids will eat onions....you could use those as teeth!! Or niblet corn as yellow teeth!!!

Kirsten said...

That is too adorable- I can't wait to try it!
I'm following from the hop! I have brand new blog for you to check out:
~The Review Revue~

Cranberry Morning said...

Cute, cute! I wished my kids didn't all love black olives, for I had to share them! I've always thought it a slight character flaw if one didn't love black olives. LOL

Unknown said...

Very cute! I love black olives, this would definitely be my kind of pizza!!!

Karen Harris said...

How adorable. Since we always have pizza on Halloween, this might just be something fun and different for a change. Thanks for the inspiration!

Misty Mills said...

A new follower complements of Busy Blogger Weekend Blog hop! HOLY PANCAKES - THAT is what I am - a Food Floozie!!!

Would love to see you on the other side of the blog-o-verse:

http://onceyougowickless.blogspot.com/

Velva said...

Happy Halloween to you! Cute Halloween pizza.

Teresa Choplin @ tchoplin2009(at)gmail(dot)com said...

I love your blog.....neat idea!!! Thanks for sharing with me, glad to be here.

I'm here from the Busy Blogger Weekend Blog Hop. I'm following you back.

http://www.nontypicalmom.com/

Mimi said...

That's so cute! I'm dropping by from the Over 40 Follow Friday.

www.ScreamingMimiBlog.com

Mimi

Robin said...

Love that! And I LOVE black olives!!! Happy Halloween Mary!

Kristin said...

Food Floozie...I love it! LOL Visiting from the Busy Blogger Weekend Blog Hop and I'm a brand new follower. Can't wait to read more! :)

Kristin
http://junecleaverwouldbeshocked.blogspot.com

Adena (aka cre82learn) said...

Wished I had seen this earlier, I made homemade pizza for dinner. Although none of us likes olives...hmmm, maybe a dessert pizza with choc chips instead? visiting and follow via 40 and over blog hop.

Fresh Local and Best said...

This is a really fun way to celebrate Halloween with pizza. Great idea to use olives for the eyes and smile.

Miriam said...

I happen to be a very big fan of pizza, this is too too cute! And black olives happen to be my kid's favorite pizza topping, this one's a winner, I'll make it soon:). Hope to see you around soon at Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters


Ghosts of Postings Past and Present

Looking for Something ...?