Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger!

I'm neither a "Saturday Night Live" nor a John Belushi fan; but, how could I not think of the famous line when writing about cheeseburgers???

There is nothing spectacular about these burgers -- no secret seasoning mix or sauce, no list of 147 ingredients to buy for just the right tantalizing of your tastebuds. Make 'em any way you want to with your own special recipe. The beauty of these is in the aesthetics -- they're just cute!

So buy ground beef (turkey burgers don't have the same visual effect, though dark-colored vegetarian ones would), get some slices of American cheese, and have some fun! You can place lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and onions under the patties to oomph-up the nutritional content, and even serve 'em on whole wheat buns. But your kids won't care -- they just want to see jack-o-lantern cheeseburgers with funny faces.

One word of caution -- only put the cheese on the burgers just before serving. Cheese has this amazing tendency to melt. Really! I'm not kidding! So if you put the cheese on the hot burger patty too soon, you will serve plain ol' boring burgers instead of entertaining ones. Trust me, I learned this one the hard way ....

Jack-o-Lantern Cheeseburgers

Cook as many burger patties as you need, and place them onto buns.

For each one, prepare a slice of American cheese by taking a sharp knife and carefully cutting out a jack-o-lantern face. Stay as close to the center of the cheese slice as you can, and remember that simpler designs are more effective for clarity.

Place the cheese on top of the burger patty as close to serving as possible.



Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays




12 comments:

Nicole said...

Did someone say - CHEESEBURGER???

Cranberry Morning said...

Cute idea! :-) I haven't had a cheeseburger for years, but they sure sound good. Fried onions on mine, please.

Unknown said...

I love it... very cute!! And you can't go wrong with your every day cheeseburger...it's actually how I like mine...simple!!

Dawn Lopez said...

That is SO cute!!! I am def. going to do that, my son will go crazy!! =]

Kelly said...

Great idea! I'm going to try that!

Latsyrc728 said...

I Love it!! I am going to do this for my Hubby. Now that you gave me the idea, this could be great for other holiday's too.

I am visiting and following now from Tuesday, Tag You're it! I hope you will visit me too: http://www.thriftyandfrugalliving.com/

KyFrugalista said...

How cute is that?! My daughter will love it. Thanks for sharing.

I'm following you from the Tuesday blog hop. I would love a follow back. Have a great day!

Dee
Kentucky Frugalista

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Too cute. As much as I love experimenting and embellishing everything, there is just nothing like a classic cheeseburger. No mixing in all this stuff. OK I'm hungry now.

Unknown said...

My kids would LOVE this... I think we may have to try it over the weekend in celebration of Halloween! I just found your blog on the Tuesday Blog Hop and look forward to following along and would love for you to wish to do the same! Have a wonderful week!
Blessings,
j
www.beneaththeacaciatree.com

Brenda said...

That is VERY cute!

Shawn said...

Too cute, I can not wait to make burgers!

Shawn
www.coloradobeckers.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Jacob refers to that type of cheese as "square cheese."

Great idea. I'm going to try this as an open-face grilled cheese sandwich as he refuses to eat burgers.

Although my favourite "square cheese" creation is this: http://picasaweb.google.com/daniel.saraga/BestOf2008#5532540873133331250


Ghosts of Postings Past and Present

Looking for Something ...?