Friday, April 27, 2012
Frugal Floozie Friday - My Favorite Cafe
I was in Saline recently with Jeremy, on a day that involved a lot of schlepping here, there and everywhere. By late afternoon, we were in need of refreshment and sustenance. And so we stopped by today's Frugal Floozie Friday feature: My Favorite Cafe, on a side street in the quaint downtown area.
I just needed an iced tea, which was bright and cold and wonderful. Jeremy wanted a little something to eat, and it was difficult to resist the inexpensive Sandwich Special posted on the chalkboard. The Turkey Club was generously portioned, and served with both potato chips and a pickle. It would be a great deal to split, followed perhaps by a $2 single scoop of Michigan's own Guernsey Farms Dairy ice cream, but it was also a great lunch that didn't even exceed our frugal monetary limit when serving only one hungry person.
There are so many treats at the cafe that meet our mandatory budget of $5 or less per person! Beautiful, tempting baked goods range in price from $3-3.75, and you can choose from chocolate or carrot cakes, lemon bars, tiramisu, cheesecake, and more. Quiche is available for $3.95 per slice, and an espresso sundae costs the same amount. Breakfast bagels are available anytime for $3 or less, and there is a wide variety of sandwiches to choose from beyond what's offered on the $5 menu; there are even kid-friendly grilled cheese and pb&j sandwiches for $3.50. Many coffee and tea drinks are available, as well as milkshakes; all of these cost less than $5, and many are even under $3.
So whether you come in for breakfast, for your caffeine fix, for a light lunch, for "coffice"-ing, to hang out with friends, or to satisfy your sweet tooth, My Favorite Cafe - which is bright, welcoming, and friendly - will definitely become one of your favorite places!
My Favorite Cafe
107 South Ann Arbor St.
Saline, MI 48176
View Larger Map
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (88)
- Reuben Mina and a Cute Story
- Frugal Floozie Friday - My Favorite Cafe
- Gluten-Free Sweet 'n' Salty Mini Chocolate Cupcakes
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms - Be Our Guest!
- Baked Chicken with Morels and Leeks
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Morgan and York
- Butter Cake for Yom HaShoah
- Gluten-Free Pasta with a Gremolata Gratin
- Root Beer-Basted Ham
- Taqueria La Fiesta, Part Dos
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Jolly Pumpkin Cafe & Brewery
- Dijon Devilled Eggs + Giveaway Winner
- Chicken Baked in Spiced Mango Sauce
- Espresso Pudding Parfait
- Matzah 'n' Mangoes (and a Giveaway!)
- Frugal Floozie Friday - Cafe Ollie
- Boston Baked Beans for Opening Day
- Slows To Go
- Krispy Kreme Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The Brisket Bake-Off
- ▼ April (21)
- ► 2011 (258)