Thursday, June 14, 2012

Strawberry Orange Daiquiri


Anyone who knows me - frankly, anyone who spends 4 seconds with me! - knows that I'm a prissy girly-girl.  (One of my favorite t-shirts even proclaims it!)  I don't drink beer; I don't like it, although it's fabulous to cook with.  I don't drink hard liquor like bourbon or whiskey or tequila, and I loathe gin.  I don't even drink very much at all, although I do like to go to wine tastings and try to learn a bit while having fun.

But if I'm going to drink, I like the froofy drinks that usually come with paper umbrellas or fruit skewers or whipped cream.  What can I say?  They're light, they're festive, they're sweet, they're perky ... they're me!

This is an ideal cooling drink for summery weather, and it offers a flavor as vibrant as its color.  It's easy to make and easy to drink - not very strong at all.

And it's perfect for when you're just relaxing in the backyard, enjoying a beautiful evening with friends.



Strawberry Orange Daiquiri

1 10-ounce package Daily's Strawberry Daiquri, frozen
1 pint blood orange sorbet
6 ice cubes, crushed

Combine all ingredients in a blender and whip into a frenzy until well combined.  Serves 4.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not a real girly girl, but I do love a good froofy drink! This one is perfect for sipping by the pool on a hot summer day! Think I know what I'll be doing this weekend :)

Debra Hawkins said...

Beautiful! I grew up on virgin strawberry daiquiris. Love them!

Cranberry Morning said...

Uh-oh. It's a slippery slope, Girly Girl. LOL Doesn't this look delicious! And I love the word 'froofy.' That's a new one for my lexicon. :-)

Debra Kapellakis said...

Yum yum yummy!


Ghosts of Postings Past and Present

Looking for Something ...?