Monday, September 12, 2011

National Chocolate Milkshake Day


More apologies to my friends, followers and other fabulous folks who stop by here! First I moved ... oy! And I'm still unpacking, 'cause after moving a loved one in my extended family passed away, immediately followed by a family member being hospitalized and still not doing well. And the Jewish High Holidays begin at the end of the month, so I'm working late and working 6 days/week. No excuses - I'm trying to keep up, trying to stay in touch! Just please don't take it personally if I seem neglectful ... you're all in my heart and in my thoughts, even though I seem to have gone a.w.o.l.!

Thankfully, it's warmed up again after last week's distinctly Fall-like chill. Because today is National Chocolate Milkshake Day, and it's much more fun to enjoy a cool drink on a warm day!

You can make a basic version of this rich, delicious treat by using chocolate ice cream and plain ol' milk; but why not make it a bit more special?

Taking inspiration from the beloved Mounds bar - sweet coconut dipped in dark chocolate - I added coconut milk to my milkshake. After all, it's a fabulous flavor combination in any form!

Whether you glam up your drink or rely upon the old favorite in its beautiful simplicity, be sure to celebrate National Chocolate Milkshake Day somehow!

Chocolate Coconut Milkshake

2 cups chocolate ice cream
3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup chocolate milk
whipped cream, for serving

Combine ice cream, syrup and coconut milk in a blender; puree until smooth. Pour into a tall glass, top with whipped cream, and enjoy!

Serves 2.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Chocolate milkshake day? Good thing it just started, I'm so going to make sure I celebrate today!! lol

By the way.. I understand completely about life and how busy it can get sometimes. Take care of what you need to and we'll be here waiting for you :)

Karen Harris said...

This is officially my favorite day of the year! I hope things calm down for you soon.

Candace said...

What a great excuse to satisfy my chocolate and ice cream craving today, Mary! I had a frozen hot chocolate with coconut from Dunkin recently and this reminds me of it. I hope things get better for you and your family soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers! *hugs*

Angela said...

Hope the move went well and you get some peaceful sailing soon, my friend. I am guessing one of these shakes will make any day a bit easier.


Ghosts of Postings Past and Present

Looking for Something ...?